The Democrat Utopia

• 2 weeks later...

Let me connect the dots. It's not hard.

Who benefits from discord and internecine bickering within American politics? Our foes, not the least of all Russia.

Thus, who would likely support and amplify the message of a longshot fringe candidate more concerned with flaming the establishment and criticizing the legitimate competition to the current hell we find ourselves in than actually winning the nomination of their party?

Our domestic adversaries. I.e. Russia.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Let me connect the dots. It's not hard.

Who benefits from discord and internecine bickering within American politics? Our foes, not the least of all Russia.

Thus, who would likely support and amplify the message of a longshot fringe candidate more concerned with flaming the establishment and criticizing the legitimate competition to the current hell we find ourselves in than actually winning the nomination of their party?

Our domestic adversaries. I.e. Russia.

I'm not at all saying you're wrong, but this 100% fits the literal definition of circumstantial evidence. There's nothing, as far as I know, that actually ties Gabbard to Russian interference, there's just compelling arguments that paint a picture where it would make sense.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Let’s say all this stuff about Gabbard is true.

Then the DNC and Hillary are both idiots. No one gave a f#&% about Gabbard and most didn’t really know she existed. Then Hillary opens her big mouth and others start weighing in. If Gabbard runs as a third candidate and has any kind of success, this is what launched it. Ignoring her and letting her fade out after her not being invited to future debates was the best solution.

• Plus1 2
On 10/19/2019 at 2:51 AM, Landlord said:

I'm not at all saying you're wrong, but this 100% fits the literal definition of circumstantial evidence. There's nothing, as far as I know, that actually ties Gabbard to Russian interference, there's just compelling arguments that paint a picture where it would make sense.

Sorry, long weekend or I'd have replied to you sooner.

You're absolutely right. There's zero proof that I know of indicating she's actually literally working for the Russian government. Like, if we go to her house, we're not going to find a Kremlin ID badge or Russian paystubs.

I just laid out the scenario in which she's a useful idiot advancing their causes. The positions she takes and particularly the vigor with which she criticizes the diabolical Democratic establishment are a goldmine for hostile nations whose primary concern is stirring up as much sh#t as possible here.

Personally I don't particularly care at all if Hillary criticizes Tulsi or vice-versa, though I find it an odd electoral strategy for the former if her actual goal is to win the primary. If it's just to flamethrow the establishment and cultivate internecine fights as some type of progressive folk hero, that makes more sense.

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a scene of the 1996 Democrat National Convention. It's in spoilers because it is truly awful and I don't want to just inflict this on your eyeballs.

What's weird is everyone seems to be wearing 1980s era clothes. And Hillary was no less plastic in 1996 than she was in 2016.

Super awkward.

Spoiler

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is a scene of the 1996 Democrat National Convention. It's in spoilers because it is truly awful and I don't want to just inflict this on your eyeballs.

What's weird is everyone seems to be wearing 1980s era clothes. And Hillary was no less plastic in 1996 than she was in 2016.

Super awkward.

Hide contents

Seems like a fun party...

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Super awkward.

Hide contents

*shudder*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...