The Democrat Utopia

We need to get back a point in America where people in opposing political parties and folks with different views can compromise and work together in order to move the country forward. We need to be able to work together. Reasonable people can disagree on things but still work toward a common goal.

However, the current strain of Republicans have proven themselves to not be reasonable and have been unwilling to compromise, or hell, even uphold American values. Negotiating with these people is not going to work, and that has already been proven during the Trump and Obama administrations. Democrats have a rare opportunity to actually do something, but if Manchin and others are still going to be naive enough to coddle the GOP, we're f##ked. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Ulty said:

We need to get back a point in America where people in opposing political parties and folks with different views can compromise and work together in order to move the country forward. We need to be able to work together. Reasonable people can disagree on things but still work toward a common goal.

However, the current strain of Republicans have proven themselves to not be reasonable and have been unwilling to compromise, or hell, even uphold American values. Negotiating with these people is not going to work, and that has already been proven during the Trump and Obama administrations. Democrats have a rare opportunity to actually do something, but if Manchin and others are still going to be naive enough to coddle the GOP, we're f##ked. 

Attacking the sane people in your party   

Gonna be a fun 2 years to watch the Dems 

:snacks:

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Attacking the sane people in your party   

Gonna be a fun 2 years to watch the Dems 

:snacks:

you think the dems should compromise and surrender to the republicans...but the republicans you want should never compromise or surrender to the dems.   

16usl9.jpg

• Plus1 5
16 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If you don’t mind linking to where I said those words that would Fascinating 

.   you have to many posts for me to bother surfing through them all to find  it.   but  you have said something similar to that on more then 1 occasion.   if i recall correctly it was a discussion about why you like deathsantis and how he won't give in to the dems.

or was it why you disliked McCain and because  he caved in to the dems?   

or maybe both?

maybe more?

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, commando said:

.   you have to many posts for me to bother surfing through them all to find  it.   but  you have said something similar to that on more then 1 occasion.   if i recall correctly it was a discussion about why you like deathsantis and how he won't give in to the dems.

or was it why you disliked McCain and because  he caved in to the dems?   

or maybe both?

maybe more?

:movegoalpost:

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

We know you're trying to move the goalposts. You don't have to tell us, but I appreciate the honesty.

Ha good one.  
Yet Comm said “but the republicans you want should never compromise or surrender to the dems”

I’ve never written that, but have wrote. Multiple posts about R’s and D’s coming together on common cause issues. 

If you would like to link to where I have said what Commando claimed that would be great since you have now chimed in.  
Otherwise you are wrong too

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ha good one.  
Yet Comm said “but the republicans you want should never compromise or surrender to the dems”

I’ve never written that, but have wrote. Multiple posts about R’s and D’s coming together on common cause issues. 

If you would like to link to where I have said what Commando claimed that would be great since you have now chimed in.  
Otherwise you are wrong too

On 1/16/2021 at 10:01 AM, Archy1221 said:

Just cause someone wants to move past being the party of appeasing Democrats doesn’t make them alt-right.  

• Plus1 2

Yeah, it's definitely this exchange that people remember.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:13 AM, funhusker said:

Even here on Huskerboard, you can see posters talking about it being time to kick the Romney’s and McCains to the curb.

On 1/16/2021 at 11:01 AM, Archy1221 said:

Just cause someone wants to move past being the party of appeasing Democrats doesn’t make them alt-right.  

• Plus1 1