The Democrat Utopia

12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I think this persons outrage is misplaced.  The Senate Parliamentarian is not depriving anyone of a raise.  I would think the House Democrats could have a standalone bill on minimum wage, pass it, and move it to the Senate.   They are just choosing not to.  It seems Ro and his colleagues are the ones at fault for not following the proper process and deflecting blame towards an innocent bystander. 

Agree. And something this significant should not be tucked into another bill and not debated.  

37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Agree. And something this significant should not be tucked into another bill and not debated.  

Yes, agreed. They need to stand up front and debate the $15 min wage as a separate issue and not hide it in a popular bill.  The min wage debate will be fierce and the Dems know it and for many valid reasons.  They can't play chicken little and hide it. 

• Plus1 1
On 2/26/2021 at 2:02 PM, TGHusker said:

Yes, agreed. They need to stand up front and debate the $15 min wage as a separate issue and not hide it in a popular bill.  The min wage debate will be fierce and the Dems know it and for many valid reasons.  They can't play chicken little and hide it. 

Has the mininum wage not been debated for years now? How much more debate is needed? Its been a hot topic issue since 2016, I believe even Trump said he wanted to raise to $15 in 2016. And the dems are fine not raising it because they can keep promising stuff they dont want to deliver every election. I think you guys are safe. In 2100 the minimum wage will still only be $7.25. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

Has the mininum wage not been debated for years now? How much more debate is needed? Its been a hot topic issue since 2016, I believe even Trump said he wanted to raise to $15 in 2016. And the dems are fine not raising it because they can keep promising stuff they dont want to deliver every election. I think you guys are safe. In 2100 the minimum wage will still only be $7.25. 

I do think there should be a min wage increase.  I'm not sure what the value should be, but I think it is a separate subject other and not mixed into the covid bill

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I do think there should be a min wage increase.  I'm not sure what the value should be, but I think it is a separate subject other and not mixed into the covid bill

And thats fine, but you said there should be more debate. How much more debate do you need? Its been over 5 years of debate already. 

3 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

And thats fine, but you said there should be more debate. How much more debate do you need? Its been over 5 years of debate already. 

On the value.  Costco just raised their min salary to $16.  Is $15 the right spot - a dollar or two more or less:dunno

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

On the value.  Costco just raised their min salary to $16.  Is $15 the right spot - a dollar or two more or less:dunno

There is not really a debate because republicans would rather get rid of it completely than raise it. Dems dont really want to raise it because it is a campaign promise they can keep using to win elections. My ideal would be to raise it $.50 every year for 10 years to get up to over $12/hr and then reevaluate at that point. It gives small business ample time to make adjustments and wont screw them by raising it so much at one time. 

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

There is not really a debate because republicans would rather get rid of it completely than raise it. Dems dont really want to raise it because it is a campaign promise they can keep using to win elections. My ideal would be to raise it $.50 every year for 10 years to get up to over $12/hr and then reevaluate at that point. It gives small business ample time to make adjustments and wont screw them by raising it so much at one time. 

It should be set and then have a COLA attached to it so it auto adjusts wt cost of living thus ending the continuous debate and removing it as a political hot potato 

• Plus1 2

16 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Dems dropping the min wage issue from the covid relief bill to be able to fast track the covid relief bill. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-shelve-minimum-wage-tax-to-speed-work-on-stimulus/ar-BB1e6GDk?ocid=ientp

Senate Democrats are jettisoning a proposal to use the tax code to penalize corporations that don’t raise the minimum wage for their lowest-paid workers in an effort to keep President Joe Biden’s broader stimulus plan on track for quick passage, according to two people familiar with the matter.

• Plus1 1