The Democrat Utopia

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Her comments are completely unacceptable and she needs to be gone.  But, Republican's faux outrage is pretty pathetic.  And, if Democrats don't condemn the comments, they're in the same boat.

There should be no “but Republicans” take on this. It’s about Maxine Waters.  If you have an issue with a Republican member of Congress doing something then voice it on that story.  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

There should be no “but Republicans” take on this. It’s about Maxine Waters.  If you have an issue with a Republican member of Congress doing something then voice it on that story.  

No, it's perfectly appropriate for this since they had no problem with Republicans doing the same thing in January 6th.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

First off, I think the cop is 100% guilty.  However, Waters' words throws enough doubt into that presumptuous guilty verdict

1.  The judge should have sequestered the jury at the start of the trial. No media, no outside influences.  It was too big of a trial not to do so.

2.  Since he didn't - each juror has to decide, once he/she heard of Rep Water's comments, do I want to protect my family and myself and automatically vote guilty or do I want to take the chance of thoughtful deliberation and decide?

Net/Net: guilty is most likely the outcome either way but I can see how this gives the opportunity for the defense to appeal and the Floyd family and us as a nation  have to sit through this trauma again

Waters should be censored.  It is not the first time she's done this type of thing either.  Someone in her position should know better and be better.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Sure they do and should. 

Correct.

And they also had many chances leading up to and including January 6th for Trump.  

No one here has defended Waters as far as I know.  We're all for her getting taken to task over her dangerous remarks.  But here seems to be one group that lacks consistency regarding dangerous rhetoric.

• Plus1 2

He came real close to saying all the right things....up until he claimed he didn't know what Waters said so he couldn't condemn it.  BS.....he knows exactly what she said.

I'm tired of politicians and their supporters not being willing to call out one of their own when it's appropriate.

• Plus1 2
18 hours ago, funhusker said:

She’s definitely helping to instigate a riot.  But it’s funny to see how those GOP can recognize it with Waters but looked the other way when Trump got the crazies all riled up.

This country is being run by turds...

Trump doesn't get a choice, as former President the Secret Service follows him everywhere. I don't know how you transpose Waters' remarks onto a minor R official.  Some guy says the police are blameless but quietly demands that no police come near him?

4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

First off, I think the cop is 100% guilty.  However, Waters' words throws enough doubt into that presumptuous guilty verdict

1.  The judge should have sequestered the jury at the start of the trial. No media, no outside influences.  It was too big of a trial not to do so.

2.  Since he didn't - each juror has to decide, once he/she heard of Rep Water's comments, do I want to protect my family and myself and automatically vote guilty or do I want to take the chance of thoughtful deliberation and decide?

Net/Net: guilty is most likely the outcome either way but I can see how this gives the opportunity for the defense to appeal and the Floyd family and us as a nation  have to sit through this trauma again

Waters should be censored.  It is not the first time she's done this type of thing either.  Someone in her position should know better and be better.

I really hope you mean "censured."