The Democrat Utopia

5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Trump doesn't get a choice, as former President the Secret Service follows him everywhere. I don't know how you transpose Waters' remarks onto a minor R official.  Some guy says the police are blameless but quietly demands that no police come near him?

"

What the f#&% are you talking about?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Trump doesn't get a choice, as former President the Secret Service follows him everywhere. I don't know how you transpose Waters' remarks onto a minor R official.  Some guy says the police are blameless but quietly demands that no police come near him?

I really hope you mean "censured."

Oops. Spelling error. Thanks for catching it

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Katie Porter is a national treasure. 

Related:

While $20billion is pocket change in today's federal budget, it would go a long way in helping families, single parent homes, etc esp at this time of covid and job losses.

https://www.eesi.org/papers/view/fact-sheet-fossil-fuel-subsidies-a-closer-look-at-tax-breaks-and-societal-costs

The United States provides a number of tax subsidies to the fossil fuel industry as a means of encouraging domestic energy production. These include both direct subsidies to corporations, as well as other tax benefits to the fossil fuel industry. Conservative estimates put U.S. direct subsidies to the fossil fuel industry at roughly $20 billion per year; with 20 percent currently allocated to coal and 80 percent to natural gas and crude oil. European Union subsidies are estimated to total 55 billion euros annually.

Historically, subsidies granted to the fossil fuel industry were designed to lower the cost of fossil fuel production and incentivize new domestic energy sources. Today, U.S. taxpayer dollars continue to fund many fossil fuel subsidies that are outdated, but remain embedded within the tax code. At a time when renewable energy technology is increasingly cost-competitive with fossil power generation, and a coordinated strategy must be developed to mitigate climate change, the broader utility of fossil fuel subsidies is being questioned.