Non-Scott Frost Coaching Options

Roger Dorn

Mark Dantonio.

Already proven he can beat top East teams. He'd dominate the West most years

Already proven recruiter in Big Ten, Nebraska would enhance that range to a national level and he could win a few of the head to head recruiting battles with the likes of Meyer and Harbaugh here for Great Lakes area talent.

Runs a system that would suit our current roster but actually builds his team around having good lines on both sides of the ball, a good power run game and good Defense.

I'd take Dantonio over every coach not named Saban, Meyer or Pedersen.

Edited by Blackshirt316
1 hour ago, Blackshirt316 said:

Mark Dantonio.

Already proven he can beat top East teams. He'd dominate the West most years

Already proven recruiter in Big Ten, Nebraska would enhance that range to a national level and he could win a few of the head to head recruiting battles with the likes of Meyer and Harbaugh here for Great Lakes area talent.

Runs a system that would suit our current roster but actually builds his team around having good lines on both sides of the ball, a good power run game and good Defense.

I'd take Dantonio over every coach not named Saban, Meyer or Pedersen.

Not me.

I wrote a lot on this site in 2015 on that team and how it was overrated. Not that it was bad, and not that it wasn't a better season than what we've been having, but they were overrated. I bring that up not just because I'm not retyping it all again, but because it all applies again. After going 3-9 last year, Michigan St has another overrated team.

7-3 and they're being out scored on the year. Their yards per play differential is only +.01. Their biggest conference win is 8 points. Their biggest loss is 45. They don't win big, and thats not the recipe for the kinds of success we want to have. 

To me, Dantonio's teams are looking best when the conference looks bad, and they still don't scare me then. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, brophog said:

Not me.

I wrote a lot on this site in 2015 on that team and how it was overrated. Not that it was bad, and not that it wasn't a better season than what we've been having, but they were overrated. I bring that up not just because I'm not retyping it all again, but because it all applies again. After going 3-9 last year, Michigan St has another overrated team.

7-3 and they're being out scored on the year. Their yards per play differential is only +.01. Their biggest conference win is 8 points. Their biggest loss is 45. They don't win big, and thats not the recipe for the kinds of success we want to have. 

To me, Dantonio's teams are looking best when the conference looks bad, and they still don't scare me then. 

He'd never come here.  And we'd be crazy not to take him if he would.

12 hours ago, HuskerDan said:

Thought this was top options, not settle for AGAIN!

1.) Bielema (29-32 @ Arkansas 

2.)Sumlin (8 win average Coach @ A&M)

3.) McElwain( don’t want the death threats to follow him to Lincoln)

4.)Butch Jones (fits in with the rest listed above)

5.) Gary Anderson ( see above, at least he won’t want a buyout when he leaves)

TOP OPTION

1.)Patterson

2.)Moorhead

3.)Shaw

4.)Fuente

5.)Saban

The fanbase will rightfully be very upset if Moos chooses someone that was either recently fired like McElwain/Jones or on their way out like Bielema/Sumlin/Riley. It's got to be someone moving up the coaching ranks. Maybe an OC or DC doesn't get it done but they have to try.

Honest question - just to have something a little different to talk about:

What is everyone's problem with Bielema?  Not that he's at the top of my list but I guess I'm not completely anti-him like a lot of people seem to be.  What am I missing/forgetting?

I swear I've asked this question a half-dozen times over the years and never gotten any semblance of an answer.

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Honest question - just to have something a little different to talk about:

What is everyone's problem with Bielema?  Not that he's at the top of my list but I guess I'm not completely anti-him like a lot of people seem to be.  What am I missing/forgetting?

I swear I've asked this question a half-dozen times over the years and never gotten any semblance of an answer.

His badger teams kicked the snot out of Nebraska and he's kind of an a-hole.that's the problem husker fans have with a coach who dominated the big west.

1 minute ago, man eating mastodon said:

His badger teams kicked the snot out of Nebraska and he's kind of an a-hole.that's the problem husker fans have with a coach who dominated the big west.

I get the part where he kicked the snot out of us on more than one occasion.  Pretty bad reason to not want him here but I can see that part of it.

The second part is what I don't follow.  Lots of references to his personality but I'm not sure where that is coming from.