Non-Scott Frost Coaching Options

Roger Dorn

I was searching through some old threads and thought I would bump this one as it's interesting to look at what Huskerboard was thinking when it became apparent we may be looking for a new coach sooner than later.  Nearly everyone wanted Frost and I don't believe there is much disputing that, but it's fun seeing other names mentioned back then.  

No idea on permanent replacement, but word is the leaks on Frost are indeed intended to be able to fire with cause sooner rather than later. Trev has ties to Tony Dungy from his NFL days and apparently has been in talks for Dungy to take over as interim head coach for the rest of the year while Trev conducts thorough search for a permanent replacement with the thinking that Dungy will stem the tide of players and recruits leaving the program. Crazy times! 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 7
  • Oh Yeah! 1
30 minutes ago, blackshirtsareback said:

No idea on permanent replacement, but word is the leaks on Frost are indeed intended to be able to fire with cause sooner rather than later. Trev has ties to Tony Dungy from his NFL days and apparently has been in talks for Dungy to take over as interim head coach for the rest of the year while Trev conducts thorough search for a permanent replacement with the thinking that Dungy will stem the tide of players and recruits leaving the program. Crazy times! 

Seems far fetched to me   :snacks:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 hours ago, blackshirtsareback said:

I'll just leave this here:

Oct. 20, 2017
Even Tony Dungy thinks Scott Frost should eschew Nebraska, stay at UCF
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-sp-saturday-circus-mike-bianchi-1021-story.html

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

Bo Pelini (9 wins a year was nice) 

Bob stoops 

Neither of the above will happen so we will end up with some Bum or a coordinator that is making the jump up to head coach. 

Let's all just hope Scott gets his s#!t together because the alternatives ain't good. Trev says he wants to see incremental improvements and the bar is pretty low. I am guessing Scott stays this year and next.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Maybe Bob Stoops will leave the XFL.  Side note - Marvin Sanders is his CBs coach.  He should bring him with.

I thought Marvin Sanders couldn't set foot in Nebraska again because of stuff that went down when he was here?

But if that's a bunch of bulls*** and he can...yeah, would love to see Marvin Sanders coach our secondary again. 

And there's no way Stoops would coach Nebraska. Even if you backed up the Brinks truck. Or two.