Non-Scott Frost Coaching Options

Roger Dorn

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

The west blows and I will say it again, Gus is the perfect hire for NU.

He can recruit, he knows. how to prepare for big games, he knows how to get his teams to play hard and he would immediately be the best coach in the conference.

Yes I like Gus also.   Would the Big 10 be forced to adjust to his offense?

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, because the dude has had solid offenses all the time

I remember when he was the high school coach at Springdale Arkansas. Tulsa teams had a tough go of it going there to play  He later became OC at u of Tulsa where the system was a thing of beauty to watch. Very dynamic 

19 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Oddly, I believe if the OL/DL stick out their time in Lincoln that Frost is establishing a great run for success starting with the 2023 season, just need to fit the skill position pieces. 

My current mood doesn’t believe he’ll get/deserve the chance though. 

Key word right there--I don't think the improvement of the defense is going to be enough to consider Frost deserving. Especially when the woes on offense and special teams are *SO* bad. 

31 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Key word right there--I don't think the improvement of the defense is going to be enough to consider Frost deserving. Especially when the woes on offense and special teams are *SO* bad. 

Yup. I really hope the players stick it out though, the OL is so young and full of potential that if they ride it out together then continuity will be established and they will play together as a unit…and that’s when an Offense can get scary good. 

20 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

Ultimately I want Frost to be here long term but if not.

1&1A. Bryan Harsin and Bill O'brien are my top 2 

Then Stoops

Then hold out for 3 years till Urban becomes available. 

I've lived here in Houston through the Bill O'Brien era. Trust me, you do NOT want him anywhere near this program.

He didn't do anything special at Penn State, which at this point we need and he left the Texans an absolute mess on his way out.

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1

If I had a choice, I’d prefer to nab a proven HC that has experience at a P5 school, similar to what aTm did with Jimbo Fisher. Gus Malzahn seems to fit that mold about as good as anyone. 

I’d rather not hire a first time HC. But my dark horse candidate would be Wisconsin’s OC, OL and Associate HC, Joe Rudolph. 

17 hours ago, teachercd said:

The west blows and I will say it again, Gus is the perfect hire for NU.

He can recruit, he knows. how to prepare for big games, he knows how to get his teams to play hard and he would immediately be the best coach in the conference.

How many other coaches out there could we get that have won a Natty. This is prob the only one.