Non-Scott Frost Coaching Options

Roger Dorn

20 minutes ago, skers83 said:

So why do you guys think Whittingham would come here? Seems like he has a good thing going where he is. 

Very fair question, he has a pretty solid setup there. I think he’d consider us for two reasons:

1) He has notoriously butted heads with the AD there because he constantly loses assistants to lateral jobs. There was a stretch there where he basically lost a major assistant every single year lol. If he comes here and gets results, he’d only ever have to worry about losing a coach to a promotion/resume builder.

2) As good as he’s been there, they haven’t finished higher than #30 in recruiting and peer jobs like Cal, Colorado, and the Arizona’s shoot past Utah with ease whenever they have a decent coach/make the effort. It’s just such a cap on the ceiling there despite how great of a coach he is.

Recruiting would actually be my biggest concern with hiring him. He has had it really easy recruiting underrated, in-state kids to fill out both lines and LBs. Then he finds talent where he can at skill positions. This wouldn’t be enough here. But he’s in the upper echelon of coaches and I think we’d love what our teams would look like if it happened.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, KingBlank said:

Yep in seven years he hit his ceiling JFC.  He went to 3 title games.  That doesn't happen by accident or for not wanting to.  His emotion after losing should tell you are completely wrong in thinking he didn't want to exceed that.  This BS we have going on right now with no passion from the valiant leader and Eore the quarterback is ridiculous. 

Guess what it's also boring and sucks as a fan to watch.  It's supposed to fun, it's supposed to be exciting, it's supposed to elicit emotion from the fans and players.   If I wanted to watch a liberian coach I would join a gosh dang book club.  I don't give 4 craps about what anyone says about Bo, at least I thought his team's had a chance and he cared about winning games. 

:lol: You definitely give 4 craps everytime Pelini’s name is mentioned.

You must’ve really hated the Osborne years if you don’t like the stoic “librarian” demeanor.

And there is a big difference between “wanting” to win more than 9 and actually doing things that would achieve that end. Bo was firey for sure but the targets of his emotions were usually misplaced.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

58 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You must’ve really hated the Osborne years if you don’t like the stoic “librarian” demeanor.

And there is a big difference between “wanting” to win more than 9 and actually doing things that would achieve that end. Bo was firey for sure but the targets of his emotions were usually misplaced.

It's like Candyman, except you only say Pelini once :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, BaytownHusker said:

I dont want any coaches coming here thats not going to bring a power running game or has been a proven bad a$$ Defensive Coordinator. 

The more I learn about Mike Elko and listen to him, the more I like him. I lost track of him after he left Notre Dame. The key would be what kind of offense he'd want put into play. 

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

If and buts….would have been nice if Perlman hadn’t undercut TO and give him a chance to help Bo develop. TO wasn’t always the stoic figure like he was of the 90s

edit: last sentence

18 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Please tell me more about your terrible take