Tenn fires coach and we still have our giant failure

jauken

11 minutes ago, jauken said:

Moos has put himself in impossible position 

eithier he fires riley and he is deemed a liar or he doesn’t and is deemed a fool.  

He has to cut out the cancer...now.  I’m seriously worried sellout steak ends at Iowa game

don't deem him a fool at all.. only those with their own agenda and not the best interest of NU as a whole, would call him that.

• Plus1 7

2 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

don't deem him a fool at all.. only those with their own agenda and not the best interest of NU as a whole, would call him that.

I respectfully disagree.  There is no reason NOT to fire him.  Letting Riley stay accomplishes nothing.  Some say neither does firing him.  Yet inability to act when your house is on fire in my opinion makes you a fool.  You do Something!!! You say Riley will not be back.  Inability to make a decision gives most Husker fans pause that once again they will make another horribly spectacular bad decision.  Once again my opinion 

• Plus1 1

Just now, jauken said:

I respectfully disagree.  There is no reason NOT to fire him.  Letting Riley stay accomplishes nothing.  Some say neither does firing him.  Yet inability to act when your house is on fire in my opinion makes you a fool.  You do Something!!! You say Riley will not be back.  Inability to make a decision gives most Husker fans pause that once again they will make another horribly spectacular bad decision.  Once again my opinion 

There are reasons, you just don't view them the same as Moos does.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, jauken said:

Moos has put himself in impossible position 

eithier he fires riley and he is deemed a liar or he doesn’t and is deemed a fool.  

He has to cut out the cancer...now.  I’m seriously worried sellout steak ends at Iowa game

I wouldn't put much value in the opinion of anyone who'd deem him a fool for going against his beliefs as an experienced AD to appease our impatient fan base.  I'm all for calling the Riley experiment over, but I see no reason to make a change to the program with two games left in the season when there's very little chance that we'd win either game, regardless of who's coaching.  People need to understand that Moos has been doing this for awhile, and if he intends to let Riley finish the year, it's probably for good reason.    

As for the sellout streak, it won't be ending this year.  The boosters have that locked down already.

• Plus1 1

Parella.   It’s addition by subtraction. You get rid of Riley and it shows fan base you care.  Right now it appears that moos will wait irregardless of how this team or coach performs.  It screams apathy.  They don’t care so why should we???  

7 minutes ago, jauken said:

Our fan base is Not impatient.  It’s embattled.  It’s embarrassed and rightfully so pretty pissed off.  I have no doubt he will let Riley finish the year.   Is that a mistake?  I think so

Those who can't wait until the end of the season despite there being almost zero chance that we'll beat Penn State or Iowa (let alone both) are absolutely impatient.  I understand that this season has been a nightmare for our entire fanbase, but whether we fire Riley today or at the end of the season, we still have two more games to play, and they're games that we'll almost certainly lose.  Unless Moos has Frost, Chip Kelly, or someone else ready to step in and the negotiations are at the point where all that has to happen is one signature and it's a done deal, I don't see what we stand to gain by making the move now.  

Obviously Moos isn't perfect, but like I said, he's been doing this for awhile.  Until I see a reason not to, I'm willing to trust that he'll do what's right for the program.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

Those who can't wait until the end of the season despite there being almost zero chance that we'll beat Penn State or Iowa (let alone both) are absolutely impatient.  I understand that this season has been a nightmare for our entire fanbase, but whether we fire Riley today or at the end of the season, we still have two more games to play, and they're games that we'll almost certainly lose.  Unless Moos has Frost, Chip Kelly, or someone else ready to step in and the negotiations are at the point where all that has to happen is one signature and it's a done deal, I don't see what we stand to gain by making the move now.  

Obviously Moos isn't perfect, but like I said, he's been doing this for awhile.  Until I see a reason not to, I'm willing to trust that he'll do what's right for the program.

When you have a game like yesterday, from the Minnesota touchdown on the opening kickoff, to the two time outs and two humiliating sacks that ended it, you are witnessing a thoroughly demoralized team and coaching staff.

At that point it's not about patience, or not having a better interim coach in place. You actually have people in misery and the change is good for everyone. For the players, for Moos, for the fans and even for Riley.

None of it affect negotiations with future coaches an iota. Stopping the charade lets everyone move their energies to more productive places. 

• Plus1 3