Tenn fires coach and we still have our giant failure

jauken

2 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Better send a telegram message to Florida and Tennessee aprising them of this rule.

Florida fired McElwain because he was caught in a lie that embarrassed the university.  I don't know why Tennessee decided to fire Jones now, but I don't see why we should be looking at them as a shining example of how to operate a football program.  

2 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

Florida fired McElwain because he was caught in a lie that embarrassed the university.  I don't know why Tennessee decided to fire Jones now, but I don't see why we should be looking at them as a shining example of how to operate a football program.  

That’s hilarious.  Florida fired McElwain because his offenses sucked.  They timed the firing of him after his comment about death threats so they could negotiate down his $12M buyout.

4 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

UT appeared to quit on Butch yesterday vs Missouri. Similar to Nebraska quitting on Riley yesterday.

1 minute ago, neepster said:

That’s hilarious.  Florida fired McElwain because his offenses sucked.  They timed the firing of him after his comment about death threats so they could negotiate down his $12M buyout.

I'm not trying to say he wouldn't have been fired anyway.  My point is that that's why he was fired during the season rather than after.  

3 minutes ago, neepster said:

Correct, so if Riley gives us a potential reason to fire him for cause, which allows us to negotiate the buy out, then by all means, take advantage of situation to benefit the University.  Barring that opening by Riley, there is no good reason to fire Riley now as opposed to the end of the season.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, jauken said:

Parella.   It’s addition by subtraction. You get rid of Riley and it shows fan base you care.  Right now it appears that moos will wait irregardless of how this team or coach performs.  It screams apathy.  They don’t care so why should we???  

Your premise is wrong from the jump. Moos is doing exactly what he said he would do when he was hired, and the fans who heard that understand why he is waiting.

Irregardless is not a word.

• Plus1 3

26 minutes ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

What!  Gaaa, I hope we do that, fire the guy and announce Frost!  Wooo yeah, that would ruin his season and cause many people to lose respect for him.  Only the mentally challenged think HCMR will e retained for another year.  Coaching changes happen when the season is over.

Except for those two coaches in major conferences fired already. Yeah. Doesn’t happen

You need to keep Riley on for the next couple weeks because it fits the narrative.  If Riley is still the HC he's the guy at the front of the pack getting the slings and arrows and taking the brunt of the criticism.  The second you fire Riley the narrative shifts to Moos and things turn into overdrive (even moreso than they are now) where Nebraska fans start tracking flights and go 100% volcano level crazy.  Keeping Riley on buys Moos cover to do his thing.  Nebraska is paying Riley a lot of money to essentially be a punching bag right now.  Let him take the hits.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

You need to keep Riley on for the next couple weeks because it fits the narrative.  If Riley is still the HC he's the guy at the front of the pack getting the slings and arrows and taking the brunt of the criticism.  The second you fire Riley the narrative shifts to Moos and things turn into overdrive (even moreso than they are now) where Nebraska fans start tracking flights and go 100% volcano level crazy.  Keeping Riley on buys Moos cover to do his thing.  Nebraska is paying Riley a lot of money to essentially be a punching bag right now.  Let him take the hits.

Also protects candidates from having to answer questions about the open HC job at Nebraska.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, jauken said:

Moos has put himself in impossible position 

eithier he fires riley and he is deemed a liar or he doesn’t and is deemed a fool.  

He has to cut out the cancer...now.  I’m seriously worried sellout steak ends at Iowa game

Those tickets i'm sure have already been sold - streak will not end.  

There is NOT a single thing that NU isn't doing behind the scenes that Tenn or Florida are doing - unless you are talking about making the fans happy in the short run....

Edited by GBRFAN
  • Plus1 1