Tenn fires coach and we still have our giant failure

jauken

Leach should quit his job and start a TV show where he just talks about whatever's on his mind and sometimes fields viewer questions.

I don't want him to go to Tennessee. I like cheering for him at WSU. I can't cheer for Tennessee. I don't hate them, but I don't like them.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 2

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because neither side intended to make the meeting public. The meeting was in Los Angeles, and Leach was scheduled to fly back to Pullman, Washington. No deal was finalized.

The next sound you hear will be WSU offering Leach a raise and/or extension. Tennessee's private jet is bringing an especially joyous holiday season to any coach it visits.

Gotta love Leach's style:

Leach on Tennessee outside Pullman Regional Airport: “If (I had met them) I wouldn’t tell ya and if I hadn’t I wouldn’t tell ya”

Edited by cheekygeek
4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don't want him to go to Tennessee. I like cheering for him at WSU. I can't cheer for Tennessee. I don't hate them, but I don't like them.

We could end up being a contributing factor by stealing Moos away. Tennessee probably won't even send a thank you card.

Lincoln Riley’s Mike Leach wrong number story:

My first or second year as an assistant at Tech, I was doing some work in Coach Leach’s office when his cell phone rang.

He picked it up and said, “Hey, how’s it going?” And then he listened for a second and asked, “Where ya calling from?”

He kept talking on the phone and I eventually sort of tuned out. Now, a short phone conversation for Coach Leach is an hour. So he was talking about this and that, and I was kind of hunkered down working on my own stuff. At some point, the call got dropped. They must have lost reception. Coach said, “Can you hear me? Are you there?”

Then he closed his old-school flip phone, swung it back open and redialed. He said, “Hey, sorry I lost you.” And then they resumed their conversation for another 30 minutes or so before Coach finally hung up.

After he was done, we started talking and I said, “Hey Coach, who was that on the phone?”

And he said, “Oh, they had the wrong number.”

• Plus1 4

12 hours ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

And that's Tennessee's problem. It's not Currie. 

It is most definitely a Currie problem.. He should've done a little better job vetting his coach to be and he would've avoided the backlash and probably still have a job...

Yeah the fans at Tennessee are an issue too but you gotta know your fan base.. Moos knows his fan base and he's trying to keep us happy by saying the right things and going after a coach that is a genuine fit for Nebraska. Currie clearly didn't

18 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

It is most definitely a Currie problem.. He should've done a little better job vetting his coach to be and he would've avoided the backlash and probably still have a job...

Yeah the fans at Tennessee are an issue too but you gotta know your fan base.. Moos knows his fan base and he's trying to keep us happy by saying the right things and going after a coach that is a genuine fit for Nebraska. Currie clearly didn't

Who knows at this point. Tennessee is at that point where you can just make news up and the guy next to you goes, "that was yesterday".

31 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

How's he supposed to know the fans would throw a temper tantrum and drag an innocent guy's reputation through the mud?

Nobody is good enough for their fans and that's the problem. Schiano isn't the only guy they've protested. 

Looking through some threads at volnation I've learned that they have a booster named Haslam and is getting blamed for a lot of the chaos. Family owns Pilot gas stations but Warren Buffet buying large interest. One brother is governor? Some connection to Cleveland Browns. Too lazy to do the research but funny that some were going to boycott Pilot stores.