Tanner Lee updates?

31 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I can't stand the trash on Lee man. He's a good player with alot of talent. He's not what everyone wants and he has made mistakes but the arm talent and moxie are clear to me. Hope he is able to go Saturday but only if he is 100%. Don't risk the kids brain.

AS a former college football coach, I will never be on board with any QB that has 3 games with more than 3 interceptions. A lot of those balls were ill-advised throws.  Arm talent he has, but do you know what "moxie" means?  He lacks greatly in "moxie".  He is definitely eye candy...looks good in a uniform and has a big arm, but he lacks it between the ears.  I wish him well, but the production is just not there.  Also, STOP making excuses for him and STOP blaming the O-line.  So many times he could have slid one direction or the other but because he lacks pocket presence he cannot keep his eyes downfield and feel pressure.  Thats bad quaterbacking 101.  

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, boach_clack said:

AS a former college football coach, I will never be on board with any QB that has 3 games with more than 3 interceptions. A lot of those balls were ill-advised throws.  Arm talent he has, but do you know what "moxie" means?  He lacks greatly in "moxie".  He is definitely eye candy...looks good in a uniform and has a big arm, but he lacks it between the ears.  I wish him well, but the production is just not there.  Also, STOP making excuses for him and STOP blaming the O-line.  So many times he could have slid one direction or the other but because he lacks pocket presence he cannot keep his eyes downfield and feel pressure.  Thats bad quaterbacking 101.  

What are you talking about? He literally avoids pressure 3 or 4 times a game with great pocket presence. He doesn't do it every time because yeah he does get unblocked rushers from time to time and that can be hard to account for. But I could easily find 3 plays in every game since the Wisconsin game where he did a great job avoiding quick pressure to make a good throw. He keeps his cool and stays the course no matter what happens out there and that is a good trait. Cool confidence. It isn't always the personality that gets noticed as being a winning one, but it can be sneaky motivating in big situations. His demeanor reminds me of Eli Manning. 

Edited by Nebfanatic
  • Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

What are you talking about? He literally avoids pressure 3 or 4 times a game with great pocket presence. He doesn't do it every time because yeah he does get unblocked rushers from time to time and that can be hard to account for. But I could easily find 3 plays in every game since the Wisconsin game where he did a great job avoiding quick pressure to make a good throw. He keeps his cool and stays the course no matter what happens out there and that is a good trait. Cool confidence. It isn't always the personality that gets noticed as being a winning one, but it can be sneaky motivating in big situations. His demeanor reminds me of Eli Manning. 

Moxie of what?  He puts his team in terrible situations, compounds mistakes, and worse then Armstrong at throwing.  Armstrong didn't have an Oline either.  Lee doesn't step forward in the pocket.  He is consistently behind the timer (the one they use in practice that means throw the ball at this exact time), thus his interception numbers are staggering.  He intimidates no defense.  The only Eli comparison that even comes close is he has an OK playfake.  Lee double cluches and gets buried quite often.  He is worse then Sam Keller, SAM KELLER!!

Just looking up some numbers...

Sam Keller, 2007: 9 games, 63.1%, 14 TD, 10 INT (1 per 32.5 ATT), 133.74 efficiency

Tommy Armstrong, 2014 (Pelini): 13 games, 53.3%, 22 TD, 12 INT (1 per 28.75 ATT), 133.04 eff, 705 yds rushing

Tommy Armstrong, 2016 (Riley): 11 games, 51.4%, 14 TD, 8 INT (1 per 36.75 ATT), 123.92 eff, 512 yds rushing

Tanner Lee, 2017: 10 games, 57.2%, 18 TD, 13 INT (1 per 26.6 ATT), 128.5 eff

So yeah, in case anybody didn't notice, Lee throws a ton of picks, and his QB rating is no better than Armstrong's. Factoring in the rushing production, yeah, I'd take Tommy.