Jump to content
grandpasknee

Tanner Lee updates?

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

From what I've read, it was an impact migraine that took him out of the game, so I'd assume that after some rest he was probably fine.  

 

Thats what Riley said in the post-game presser. The fact that “impact migraine” isn’t an actual medical term makes it seem like he bonked his head, but he’ll be okay.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edison's Enemy said:

 

Thats what Riley said in the post-game presser. The fact that “impact migraine” isn’t an actual medical term makes it seem like he bonked his head, but he’ll be okay.

Yeah to me it just sounded like a way to avoid using the "C" word without actually using it. I hope he's alright and they don't put him out there if he's not 100% healthy and no risk of further damage. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard he got the migraine when he watched the defense for a couple of series. The doctor told to never do that again, not even on film. It is probably good advice for all of us.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RunMickeyRun02 said:

Yeah to me it just sounded like a way to avoid using the "C" word without actually using it. I hope he's alright and they don't put him out there if he's not 100% healthy and no risk of further damage. 

Not veing sacrastic at all, what "c" word?  Asking for @knapplc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, RunMickeyRun02 said:

Yeah to me it just sounded like a way to avoid using the "C" word without actually using it. I hope he's alright and they don't put him out there if he's not 100% healthy and no risk of further damage. 

If that ever happens, and it can be proved, I would hope criminal charges would be filed.  

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RunMickeyRun02 said:

Yeah to me it just sounded like a way to avoid using the "C" word without actually using it. I hope he's alright and they don't put him out there if he's not 100% healthy and no risk of further damage. 

 

"Impact migraine" definitely seems like an odd choice of words, especially given that as someone who used to get migraines very frequently I wouldn't think any sort of impact would cause one, but I can't see them beating around the bush if he has a concussion.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had three impacts in my life that have resulted in migraine symptoms (nearly life-long migraine sufferer). Those were all pretty substantial concussions.

Edited by Glendower
Poor editing when I first wrote it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this whole "impact migraine" is yet another reason to fire this staff.  THIS IS A CONCUSSION!  The re-labeling is just a way to avoid the questions, when did it happen and why wasn't it caught by the training staff?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start the kid, I want to see what he's got.  We already know what pick 6 Mcgee has.  The only chance we have is with mobility behind center with the free passes we give. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be pretty surprised if Lee suits up on Saturday.  The concussion protocol is lengthy (rightfully so) and it just seems like a tall hurdle to clear in one week.  Plus, let's be honest, the season is sunk.  I agree with @KingBlank, let's see what Nebraska has with POB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't stand the trash on Lee man. He's a good player with alot of talent. He's not what everyone wants and he has made mistakes but the arm talent and moxie are clear to me. Hope he is able to go Saturday but only if he is 100%. Don't risk the kids brain.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I can't stand the trash on Lee man. He's a good player with alot of talent. He's not what everyone wants and he has made mistakes but the arm talent and moxie are clear to me. Hope he is able to go Saturday but only if he is 100%. Don't risk the kids brain.

AS a former college football coach, I will never be on board with any QB that has 3 games with more than 3 interceptions. A lot of those balls were ill-advised throws.  Arm talent he has, but do you know what "moxie" means?  He lacks greatly in "moxie".  He is definitely eye candy...looks good in a uniform and has a big arm, but he lacks it between the ears.  I wish him well, but the production is just not there.  Also, STOP making excuses for him and STOP blaming the O-line.  So many times he could have slid one direction or the other but because he lacks pocket presence he cannot keep his eyes downfield and feel pressure.  Thats bad quaterbacking 101.  

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, boach_clack said:

AS a former college football coach, I will never be on board with any QB that has 3 games with more than 3 interceptions. A lot of those balls were ill-advised throws.  Arm talent he has, but do you know what "moxie" means?  He lacks greatly in "moxie".  He is definitely eye candy...looks good in a uniform and has a big arm, but he lacks it between the ears.  I wish him well, but the production is just not there.  Also, STOP making excuses for him and STOP blaming the O-line.  So many times he could have slid one direction or the other but because he lacks pocket presence he cannot keep his eyes downfield and feel pressure.  Thats bad quaterbacking 101.  

What are you talking about? He literally avoids pressure 3 or 4 times a game with great pocket presence. He doesn't do it every time because yeah he does get unblocked rushers from time to time and that can be hard to account for. But I could easily find 3 plays in every game since the Wisconsin game where he did a great job avoiding quick pressure to make a good throw. He keeps his cool and stays the course no matter what happens out there and that is a good trait. Cool confidence. It isn't always the personality that gets noticed as being a winning one, but it can be sneaky motivating in big situations. His demeanor reminds me of Eli Manning. 

Edited by Nebfanatic
  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

What are you talking about? He literally avoids pressure 3 or 4 times a game with great pocket presence. He doesn't do it every time because yeah he does get unblocked rushers from time to time and that can be hard to account for. But I could easily find 3 plays in every game since the Wisconsin game where he did a great job avoiding quick pressure to make a good throw. He keeps his cool and stays the course no matter what happens out there and that is a good trait. Cool confidence. It isn't always the personality that gets noticed as being a winning one, but it can be sneaky motivating in big situations. His demeanor reminds me of Eli Manning. 

Moxie of what?  He puts his team in terrible situations, compounds mistakes, and worse then Armstrong at throwing.  Armstrong didn't have an Oline either.  Lee doesn't step forward in the pocket.  He is consistently behind the timer (the one they use in practice that means throw the ball at this exact time), thus his interception numbers are staggering.  He intimidates no defense.  The only Eli comparison that even comes close is he has an OK playfake.  Lee double cluches and gets buried quite often.  He is worse then Sam Keller, SAM KELLER!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looking up some numbers...

 

Sam Keller, 2007: 9 games, 63.1%, 14 TD, 10 INT (1 per 32.5 ATT), 133.74 efficiency

Tommy Armstrong, 2014 (Pelini): 13 games, 53.3%, 22 TD, 12 INT (1 per 28.75 ATT), 133.04 eff, 705 yds rushing

Tommy Armstrong, 2016 (Riley): 11 games, 51.4%, 14 TD, 8 INT (1 per 36.75 ATT), 123.92 eff, 512 yds rushing

Tanner Lee, 2017: 10 games, 57.2%, 18 TD, 13 INT (1 per 26.6 ATT), 128.5 eff

 

So yeah, in case anybody didn't notice, Lee throws a ton of picks, and his QB rating is no better than Armstrong's. Factoring in the rushing production, yeah, I'd take Tommy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×