First of all, please know that visiting Nebraska fans get consistently high marks for courtesy and sportsmanship when you visit our stadium. Iowa and Wisconsin fans are universally loathed. Yes, it was a big day for an eternally struggling Minnesota program. The Gophers go through cycles with new coaches that peak with competence but never reach excellence. It is sad that your proud program appears to be stuck in a similar rut. In Minnesota, Gopher football is an afterthougtht. You doubtless noticed the empty seats in our small stadium. The Vikings dominate the fall landscape. And then there is the NBA and NHL. Gopher mediocrity is generally seen as a given and tolerated. As an older person who recalls when the Gophers were the pride of the state and more than relevant, I have always admired the passion for football exuded by your fanbase. The undiluted adoration showered on the Huskers makes your current situation extra sad.The disappointment is felt so much more keenly. But you have a huge advantage. The hyper-focus on Nebraska football from a committed population will demand improvement from the administration. In Minnesota, almost no one remembers when the Gophers were really good and so few people really care. With  Nebraska's vast resources and superb facilities, you will certainly be good again. I am not sold on our new coach. I can see him getting the Gophers to second tier bowl games but his talk of a Big Ten Championship seems delusional. We have heard this before. 

Edited by nomellini
spelling
  • Plus1 5