Jump to content
BIG ERN

What is your favorite PS4 game?

Recommended Posts

I'm looking to get back into gaming a little more on my PS4 since I play it so rarely anymore, playing my older consoles more often. It doesn't have to be a new game, but what are your favorite PS4 games so far? I've gotten recommendations to buy Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. I recently just got Horizon Zero Dawn and will start that later this week. Really looking forward to Red Dead 2 next year. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uncharted series (they're all good, 4 is exceptional).

Last of Us. (Legit might make you cry)

ROCKET LEAGUE (so simple, so much fun)

Horizon: ZD (beat the main game a few months back, almost done with the DLC)

The Witcher 3 (One of the best games of all time)

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Uncharted series (they're all good, 4 is exceptional).

Last of Us. (Legit might make you cry)

ROCKET LEAGUE (so simple, so much fun)

Horizon: ZD (beat the main game a few months back, almost done with the DLC)

The Witcher 3 (One of the best games of all time)


I just picked up Witcher 3 as well. Uncharted looks good but maybe not enough action/fighting from what I've heard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:


I just picked up Witcher 3 as well. Uncharted looks good but maybe not enough action/fighting from what I've heard. 

It's very much action oriented. It's basically a modern day Indiana Jones type, similar to Tomb Raider. Speaking of which, those are good too (the 2013 and 2015 games)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2017 at 10:21 AM, BIG ERN said:

I'm looking to get back into gaming a little more on my PS4 since I play it so rarely anymore, playing my older consoles more often. It doesn't have to be a new game, but what are your favorite PS4 games so far? I've gotten recommendations to buy Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. I recently just got Horizon Zero Dawn and will start that later this week. Really looking forward to Red Dead 2 next year. 

 

My favorite PS4 game is, hands down, The Last Of Us.

 

As Saunders recommended: The Last Of Us.

 

You'll want to get the re-mastered version for the PS4.

 

Fair warning (again as Saunders said): Play TLOU and be prepared to get some pretty heavy feels--up to and possibly including tears in places.

 

I have a thread about The Last Of Us, Part 2 which as of yet still does not have a release date.  

 

But yeah, The Last Of Us is an absolute masterpiece and you absolutely need to play it.

Edited by Making Chimichangas
  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

 

Well apparently the PS 5 is coming soon so maybe wait on replacing your 4.

The Bluetooth inside the ps4 is crapping out.  The controller only works for like a half hour then lags terribly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't play my PS4 much of late either but I'll add some.  Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen was cheap at this point and seems fun.  It's sort of like Monster Hunter.  Nier: Automata gets a lot of great pub but I haven't devoted a lot of time to it and the save system seems odd.  It's another action RPG.  I like the Event Horizon one you mentioned but I haven't gotten terribly far into that either.

 

As for shooters, I think the Plants versus Zombies series is one that does a lot right.  So many games don't allow for a lot of cooperation and multiple roles, I mean.  Overwatch, Rainbow Six, Battlefield, and Call of Duty just get most the attention.  I sometimes want to get back into Borderlands games but not enough to actually do it.  My boys always get me to try something and then aren't playing it by the time I level up.  Destiny 2 was the last time that happened.  I suppose the issue there is not enough content so they'll probably play again once an expansion comes out.  I don't really like how the PVP works out considering I'm not playing the titan class this time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Highly recommend God of War.  The Last of Us is not quite what I expected - lots of being stealthy and strategic, which is typically not my type of game (i'm more of a shoot 'em up type of guy) but it's still fun.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RedSavage said:

Highly recommend God of War.  The Last of Us is not quite what I expected - lots of being stealthy and strategic, which is typically not my type of game (i'm more of a shoot 'em up type of guy) but it's still fun.

 

Ah on the easy through hard modes you can pretty much "rambo" your way through the game.  On survivor mode you have to be more stealthy but you can amass enough ammo to rambo at certain points.  On grounded mode though, it is almost all stealth or flat out running away from enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...