2018 Draft

1 hour ago, CPT Blackshirt said:

Tanner Lee will leave this year and be drafted

I was actually going to say him too, but didn't want to get harassed for it.

If we land Frost, I'd say he would definitely look into leaving early for the draft. Probably get a late round flier as well. The guy has an arm, I won't take that away from him at all.

It blows my mind Kalu is on this list. Have you seen the guy try to tackle? 

6 minutes ago, Edison's Enemy said:

I think Lee will go grad transfer route to try to boost his stock a bit. I wouldn’t be surprised if he declares for the draft though. Heck, Josh Freeman was a first round pick.

Jones and Kalu will get drafted. I think Brown, Weber, and Kieron Williams get UDFA deals.

LMAO at Turnstiles leaving early.

Kieron Williams can't even crack the two deep here?

Edited by Warrior10

Lee will get drafted - he is a decent/solid game situation QB in regards to being a NFL prospect.  I believe based on what the players/coaches/individuals in the business have said about him that he has a 5th gear that we haven't seen.  I believe that gear is best shown in a combine / tryout situation.  He will look good in front of the scouts and somebody will take him - probably end up being in and out of a couple programs with no true NFL game experience when it is all said and done.

Hope this isn't seen as a knock on him - because not many college players make it to the NFL.  He has had a lot of hype and I don't believe he is a "gamer" as some less talented players are....

37 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

It blows my mind Kalu is on this list. Have you seen the guy try to tackle? 

Kieron Williams can't even crack the two deep here?

Led the team in interceptions his junior year. Pro Football Focus had him rated as one of the best DBs returning this year. This staff has shown an uncanny ability to let talent ride the pine.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

NFL guys love big dudes with strong arms.  They think they are good enough QB coaches to make anyone into a solid QB.  Remember all the NFL types slobbering all over Lee after watching him in shorts and a t-shirt?

They also know about the sub-60 correlation, which is why Cookie Monster, with his much better resume, fell so much further than fans thought he would. Except the fans that know how poorly passers who complete less than 60% in college do on the NFL.

• Plus1 1

Jones. 

I would be very surprised if Morgan declared early as he is essentially Westerkamp with worse hands.  I will give you that Morgan is a bit taller than Westerkamp and doesn't have nearly the injury history.  

I will laugh hysterically with a mix of sadness if Gates gets drafted.  Actually, it would be the epitome of the Mike Riley era if Nebraska got a higher than usual number of guys drafted.