Scott Frost News/Tweets/Rumors

Huskerzoo

On 10/21/2017 at 10:48 AM, Mavric said:

On 10/21/2017 at 4:24 PM, HuskerNation1 said:

Here is a good article about Frost and the general coaching carousel for 2018.

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-footballs-coaching-carousel-will-scott-frost-2018-191153413.html

One thing we should all consider with Frost's short tenure as a HC is that others in his boat are not necessarily lighting it up this year after making a move to a P5 team.   First, PJ Fleck has Minnesota playing about the same and potentially a bit worse than the last couple years of that program.  Also, Tom Herman has taken over a Texas team with better than average talent and has them 3-4 currently.  Both of these guys took over programs that had been in the middle of the pack (similar to Nebraska) but are not having an immediate impact on the team.  This is different than what we saw from Urban Meyer took over at Florida and, while the record in the first season was the same, Florida was playing much better ball than when Zook was there, and in Meyer's 2nd year they won the National Championship.  Harbaugh also had an immediate impact at Michigan in just his first year there, and continues to have them performing well, but Harbaugh was also a much more seasoned coach.  

My top choices would still be luring Petersen away from Washington or Whittingham from Utah, but I understand they are locked in lengthy contracts and would be a stretch.  Fuente also has a recent contract extension at Va Tech.  I am seeing Greg Schiano's name come up a lot too and he did improve the Rutgers program when he took over and is doing a nice job as OSU DC.

• Plus1 1
On 10/22/2017 at 9:59 PM, jessica0 said:

Sean Callahan and a couple of other people have stated in the last two weeks that Coach Frost has told people that he is open to returning. Coach Frost will only talking about building UCF in public. Rumors should start to heat up in about 3 weeks. 

• Plus1 1

On 10/24/2017 at 0:07 PM, jessica0 said:

Transcript of comment from Aaron Taylor:

"From conversations I have had with him....this is his dream job, relationship with the AD is a big factor, money doesn't mean a thing to him and we would obviously pay his assistants well. He is a little worried about the big fishbowl that this job has become and talked about enjoy the anonymity at his previous jobs. He is set to have a baby next week and Larry and Carol would also push hard also to have that grandbaby back in Nebraska. His latest visit with me on style of offense is a Nebraska style inside zone game and quasi Oregon outside zone game. He believes in the run game and would like something close to 65/35 run/pass game. If you compare his current offense to Osbornes, you will see a lot of similarities in the blocking schemes...even on those outside zone plays. Defensively he likes the attacking style and would bring his DC Erik Chinander with him. This guy is a big up and comer and in my opinion would restore the order...he is a good dude too."

This was posted elsewhere so I don't have the original link. 

• Plus1 1
On 10/25/2017 at 10:20 AM, FTW said:

The other rumor on their broadcast was Tennessee would offer more than Nebraska ever could and that Frost has even said he'd be stupid not to go there with how easy it is to recruit.

I see a couple things that standout to me. The AT comment that Nebraska is a fishbowl and that Frost doesn't like to travel/recruit. And TN would be easy for him to recruit there moreso than Nebraska. I agree with Damon Benning that we as a fan base need to hit pause and breathe for a second and prepare for the possibility that Frost might say no.

If that happens, I still think Riley's time is done here and the safe hire route may be the way to go i.e. a Matt Campbell @ ISU situation or any other up and coming P5 coach.

• Plus1 1

On 10/25/2017 at 2:08 PM, Throw Dem Bones said:

Scott Frost explaining why he went to UCF and how things have been easier for him there, etc. Yet another reason he will choose a place like Tennessee over Nebraska

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/aac/2016/05/10/ucf-football-coach-scott-frost-central-florida-knights/84171392/

Outside of Freeman, not all that impressive. On average, High 80's to low 90's over several years there. 

• Plus1 1
On 10/26/2017 at 7:10 AM, jessica0 said:

On the radio this morning he was asked about being a candidate for other jobs and he just gave coach speak - laser focused on his job at UCF. The guy on the radio tried really hard to get Coach Frost to speak about what he is telling recruits about his job status and Coach Frost refused to answer that question. 

He is gone if that Nebraska job offer comes. 

• Plus1 1
On 10/29/2017 at 2:44 PM, blessed2bahusker said:

I have been thinking the same thing but reading this today gives me hope.

In fact, Frost, who at the time of the interview was an assistant coach at Oregon, expressed enthusiasm about the possibility of one day coaching at Nebraska.

“Absolutely. It’s the No. 1 goal. Sometimes your goals come true and sometimes not. But there’s no other place I’d …”

He paused, seemingly not wanting his words to be seen as dismissive of his current job and employer. Then he continued.

“I guess I’d just say, a big part of my heart is in Nebraska, and I’d love to coach there someday.”

OWH Link

• Plus1 3

Buy out info 

On 10/30/2017 at 9:06 AM, StPaulHusker said:

Florida is still paying Will Muschamp to not coach at Florida.  Part of a $6M buyout

Florida paid Colorado St $5M to buyout McElwains contract

Florida is rumored to have negotiated a buyout of McElwain's contract for about $4M-$6M

Scott Frost has a buyout of $4M

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric unpinned this topic