Scott Frost News/Tweets/Rumors

Huskerzoo

On 10/31/2017 at 1:45 PM, knapplc said:

Bull Moose's statement on Scott Frost, from the Nick Bahe interview. 

Really interesting phrase here, "The only thing that he was missing, back then, in my opinion, was ctually being a head college coach and all the other responsibilities and obligations that come with that, and he has handled that superbly, from afar, as I look at it." 

Well, he isn't missing that now....  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 1

On 11/1/2017 at 3:15 PM, HuskerNation1 said:

And another good article from a Gator writer about Frost who is certain Moos is going to go after Frost hard.  

http://gridironnow.com/scott-frost-ideal-florida-home-instead/

Note:  There are 3 pages total and you have to click to get to the final two.

On 11/1/2017 at 4:18 PM, HuskerPowerVA said:
  • Plus1 1
On 11/1/2017 at 5:07 PM, FearAmeer said:

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/11/01/scott-frost-florida-nebraska-kevin-sumlin

Here's another video out there about the situation if you are bored and want to watch another persons take on the situation. Pretty much the same stuff though although I think he brought up the 2004 urban meyer with notre dame and florida being similar to the situation right now. 

Anyway aside from that I just wanted to give my two cents. People keep saying that Frost will pick Florida solely because it's easier to win championships there and it's easy to get the skill players. Yeah it might be easy to get some skill players and he doesn't like recruiting but come on we have proven we can get skill players via donte williams and coach dub. If Frost has a good staff, they'll be able to get the skill players with him not having nearly as much involvement. Also, Florida, it isn't the 2006's - 2008's anymore. Don't you guys know once a team has their golden years it's not possible to ever rebound from it? You guys are now irrelevant and will be forever! /s. Anyway how in gods green earth would it be easier to win a title playing the normal gauntlet SEC west schedule let alone make the playoffs rather then overcoming an average wisconsin/iowa team and maybe getting an upset over osu/michigan/michigan state/penn state in the big ten title game here and there? 

• Plus1 2

Updated buyout numbers

On 11/2/2017 at 9:25 AM, Red Five said:

Didn't see this posted yet, may have been but I missed it...

Frost has a $3M buyout due to UCF if he leaves

We obtained a copy of Frost’s contract, which lists his buyout as half of the remaining guaranteed salary or $3 million — whichever number is lower. Considering Frost just signed an extension in April that kicked his salary up to $2 million a year, the buyout number would be $3 million — which is right in line with industry norms.

As for which jobs Frost may leave for, there are two obvious ones. We’re talking neon-blinking-lights obvious: Florida and Nebraska.

One is his home state and his alma mater, wandering through a 20-year exile from the college football elite. The other is right down the road from where he already works, the flagship university in a state with more than enough elite talent to run his offense.

In talking with sources around the Florida program, everything we’ve heard indicates Frost is indeed a very strong option at this point. Now, consider that it’s Nov. 1 and Florida won’t ultimately make the hire for another month at the earliest. There’s a long way to go here.

On 11/2/2017 at 0:40 PM, Kiyoat Husker said:

Was listening to a national sports talk radio program, and some "expert" they had on thought Frost to Nebraska was a 33% chance, and listed reasons why he might go elsewhere.  One of the reasons he gave was something along the lines of "Nebraska isn't going to be able to pay what he might be offered at these  other schools...."

I immediately discredited everything he said at that point.  Some people don't really understand the financial potential Nebraska really has, and the motivation to pay whatever is necessary for the "right coach".  What we are paying Riley is not an indication of what we would/could pay Frost IMO.  Riley was a discount purchase.

• Plus1 2

On 11/6/2017 at 8:04 AM, jessica0 said:

Gary Sharp‏ 
@GarySharp1620
Follow Follow @GarySharp1620
More
Replying to @balkdog81
people that cover UF feel pretty confident that Stricklin has been able to close in on Frost. Not done deal, but close according to them.

And Mike'l Severe says zero percent chance Scott Frost takes the Florida job. 

I'm not surprised Benning and Gary are pushing a Scott Frost to UF narrative since they have been pushing a "he may not come" crap since the start. 

Gary is using media people as his source and you know how wrong media people tend to be. 

On 11/6/2017 at 9:58 AM, huskersrule95 said:

From footballscoop

UCF: Athletic director Danny White, when asked about the likelihood that Scott Frost would be leading the Knights program next season, told Mike Bianchi on the Open Mike radio show that “I think he will. I think he’s very committed to being here…I’m excited about the future of our program with Scott Frost at the helm.” White then explained that fans and supporters of the program have to do their part, adding “We have to show that we can support and resource the program as fast as Coach Frost is growing it on the field.”

Yes. This is nothing surprising as what else would you expect an AD say. He isn’t gonna say we have no chance of keeping him 

• Plus1 1
On 11/6/2017 at 6:42 PM, jessica0 said:

The former Oregon head coach (not Kelly) that was Scott Frost's boss was on a plane with our AD's wife two weeks ago and sat next to her. He didn't give away any inside info, but he made it clear that Scott Frost will not stay at UCF since he will want to compete for all of the marbles. He didn't say if he would leave this season, but he isn't going to stay at UCF for long. 

https://audioboom.com/posts/6463263-11-6-which-2-loss-teams-have-the-best-playoff-shot-mark-helfrich

I wouldn't normally post this one, but temporally, things change shortly after this in terms of attitude of where SF is going. Chip Kelly starts being linked to Florida a lot and the narrative switches. 

On 11/6/2017 at 8:29 PM, jessica0 said:

Florida insider is saying tonight that he is hearing that Tom Osborne will be offering the job to Scott Frost. I doubt that is an official offer where ink goes to paper, but could be a gentlemen agreement type of thing. 

On 11/8/2017 at 11:11 AM, jessica0 said:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/carriker/carriker-chronicles-bill-moos-on-mike-riley-scott-frost-impressions/article_369b626a-c413-11e7-9cd1-af19c41a1674.html

Will NOT fire Riley during the season. So if he fires Riley, it will be right after the regular season is done. 

The AD talked about Scott Frost after being asked about him. He went into more detail about his resume.  He stated he hasn't talked to coaches, but he didn't say he didn't talk to agents. He also talked about the need to solidifying the fanbase. He states it is a fractured fanbase, lots of frustration. He has confidence he can get Nebraska back to winning. 

Adam asked what type of offense he thought we should be running. Moos said something like, "I think a mobile Qb is very useful similar to what Oregon had. It is very hard to defend. Frost of course was there too."

On 11/8/2017 at 1:14 PM, jessica0 said:

• Mavric unpinned this topic