Scott Frost News/Tweets/Rumors

Huskerzoo

On 11/22/2017 at 9:14 AM, cheekygeek said:

Bill Moos is going to be getting all the credit for pulling this off, but frankly I think there has been only one guy in contact with SF (and quite possibly his agent):
https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/tom-osborne-to-serve-as-consultant-for-nebraskas-ad-search

On 11/22/2017 at 9:19 AM, Chalk1988 said:

Did we already talk about this? He is saying if Chip goes UCLA (which Chip will pick Fl/UCLA) then Florida is going all in on Scott 

On 11/22/2017 at 9:43 AM, Husker Q said:

Back in Lincoln for Thanksgiving and talked to a real "insider" (which nobody wants to hear) but he told me "done deal", Scott is N.

I was always pretty sure he'd come but after talking to him I feel much more confident and relaxed instead of anxious.  Just waiting for the announcement.

GBR, I see a beautiful and Frosty winter ahead!

• Plus1 1

Frost has informed his staff he is leaving but hasn't told the players.  Wants them focusing on winning tomorrow.  Doesn't seem to have decided when to tell them.  Might not want to announce it right after the game to take away from what they've done (especially if they win).  I would guess he'll tell them Sunday morning then the announcement from NU comes Sunday afternoon.

Tough decision for Frost because he likes what he's been able to accomplish there but ultimately the chance to rebuild Nebraska won out.

• Plus1 3

Posted on 11/22 by Sparker

Hedley, is that you trolling those poor vols?

I will as much as I can.

- Scott Frost (or his agent) reached out to UT AD in late September stating he would have interest should an opening come

- Currie then went to watch Scott Frost coach during the bye week. Not sure if he was allowed official contact but definitely had back channel agent contact.

- Someone that I know that actually speaks to Currie directly on a somewhat regular basis says Currie is all in on Frost and the reason we have not seen a scramble of interviews and news from the AD is not tight lips as much as Currie already having his guy and has kept that to a very tight circle.

- Now that Kelly to UF is all but done the only competing job that would have competed for Frost should be filled very soon

-Nebraska is a non factor from what my friend said. Would be like Peyton coming to coach here. Some people do not want to tarnish their image if things do not work out at their Alma Mater. Right now everyone here LOVES Peyton. Let him have some 6-6 or 5-7 seasons and half the fan base is ready for a lynching. Peyton has said this publicly. The same could be the case for Frost at Nebraska plus we can pay more.

I am 99% sure Frost will be our next Coach as of right now. No one is immune to being wrong and things can and do change but at this point I believe this is all but done. I am very careful about making predictions because I definitely know the ramifications of being wrong on here.

• Plus1 1

On 11/22/2017 at 6:51 PM, huskerfan69 said:

my source says he already accepted the florida job, and moos is scrambling for a coach.

On 11/22/2017 at 7:01 PM, Hedley Lamarr said:

Hmmmm we have agreed to terms but nothing can be signed until the regular season concludes....i don't know what else you expect at this point. 

• Plus1 1
On 11/22/2017 at 9:09 PM, Mavric said:

Tennessee Rivals site continues to report that they are hearing Frost to NU.

They have Mullen, Gruden (who even they say isn't going there), Campbell and Schiano as the likely candidates for their job.

On 11/23/2017 at 11:35 AM, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am still 200% sure it is frost. I'm saying "yet" because as others have said until ink hits paper. I know we will pay him the most and I know we are home to him. I also know he hasn't backed out of his verbal agreement via his agent with us last Friday. 

Could he back out still? Yep he sure could. Nothing any of us can do about that. But TO gave his blessing already in the whole ordeal to the parties involved. Scott from my understanding has a lot of integrity and I would imagine his word is as good as gold. We will just have to wait and find out. 

Take a day to step away from it all and enjoy family and friends huskerboard! 

• Plus1 1
On 11/24/2017 at 2:20 PM, The Murphinator said:

Florida is focusing their attention on Frost now. Not saying he is going to Florida, but Florida is going to make another push for him.

On 11/24/2017 at 2:41 PM, Caliborn72 said:

Schaefer mentioned that he didn’t think Frost was a done deal this week. There are a lot of reasons to believe Frost is coming home, but there’s still some reason to be nervous. It’s not simply dumb National writers speculating because they don’t believe we are a good destination.

On 11/24/2017 at 2:55 PM, ladyhawke said:

INebraska has already offered Frost everything he wanted and a very high money amount. That's why he said yes to Nebraska.  

Florida had conditions on their contract with Scott. That's why he said NO-twice.  

On 11/24/2017 at 3:04 PM, bisonwiches said:

ESPN bottom line just said Florida officials are meeting with Scott's people this weekend.

• Plus1 1
On 11/24/2017 at 3:42 PM, Hedley Lamarr said:

So I'm still sold on Frost after my text chat I had before the game. However Moos has done his due diligence and reached out to several big names. If Frost does back out we already have a plan B that I would be VERY happy with if Frost backs out of his word. We are still fully expecting Frost to sign the dotted line though 

On 11/24/2017 at 4:47 PM, Chalk1988 said:

On 11/24/2017 at 6:20 PM, Chalk1988 said:

OH s#!t

On 11/24/2017 at 7:04 PM, Chalk1988 said:

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric unpinned this topic