Craig Bohl

Herbie95

2 minutes ago, brophog said:

I agree, I just don't get this. Yes, he built NDSU into something that's standing really good, but IMO, he's doing nothing noteworthy at Wyoming. Take away those turnovers, flop the offense and defense around, and this is last year's 8-6 team. 

Wyoming is 7-3.  Have you seen there talent?  They are not a superiorly talented team and are winning.  As I explained above.  I am not a Bohl supporter, but I don't think he is the worst person for the job right now.  If Frost says no, I think Bohl should be in the Top 3.  I would say he is 3rd, but in the mix.  If Frosty says no, then we are in a new ball game.  I think we have possibly 3 ideal people.  Dan Mullen, Matt Campbell, and Bohl.  

1 minute ago, brophog said:

What does this mean? Not calling you out, but this phrase is said a lot.

Bohl plays on the ground.  His Qb's are mobile for the most part.  He has good running game and knows how to win games in colder climate stadiums minus the Bison Dome.  We can't judge him soley on Wyoming at this point.  Imagine recruiting to Wyoming...................?  His teams often don't beat themselves.  That is the most impressive thing he did at NDSU.

5 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I havne't looked this up, but during Bohls career at NDSU, how many NFL draft picks or players did he coach that are on NFL rosters currently?  I guess that would be of some note?

Answer my own question:  Currently 7 players are on NFL roster from NDSU.  I would say that is pretty darn good for a Div II program.  Not sure how many Huskers are on rosters, and we should have way more, but still I am impressed with 7 from NDSU.

6 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Bohl plays on the ground.  His Qb's are mobile for the most part.  He has good running game and knows how to win games in colder climate stadiums minus the Bison Dome.  

His team is averaging 3 ypc this year, so that really does make him ready for BIG TEN football. This conference can't run the ball, either.

1 minute ago, brophog said:

His team is averaging 3 ypc this year, so that really does make him ready for BIG TEN football. This conference can't run the ball, either.

Like I said, not here to argue for Bohl getting hired.  I just don't think he is the worst person who might want this job.  To me, this job is about who wants it, more than who we think we want.  Sure, I can think of at least 10 other coaches I woud rather have, but of those guys, I dont know if any of them consider this a great opportunity right now.  I am speaking on a more realistic level when it comes to coaches who might want this job.  

Nebraska is a rare program with its history and location.  We are not a recruiting hotbed location.  We are not a sexy place to be right now in how stable our program is.  We haven't been relevant for many years now.  How many guys want that right now?  I think there are some out there that view this as a kingdom.  However, there are more that view this as a career killer.  I think as long as we hire a coach who has a plan of attack, can come in here and garner respect, and has won at any level is a plus.  If thats Bohl, so be it, but he is an upgrade over our last 3 HC's.  

I will say it again.  I don't think he is the absolute answer, but if things dont go as planned, he isn't the worst guy out there.  The more I watch and learn about Dan Mullen, if Frost says no, Mullen should be the target.  I think he would be a good fit and can recruit to Miss St.  I see no reason he couldn't recruit to here.

1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

If thats Bohl, so be it, but he is an upgrade over our last 3 HC's

That is what isn't established for me. What he did at NDSU is incredible. You move from there to a school like Wyoming, then show you can do it there before taking up a job like Nebraska. Bohl hasn't yet. Until he does, I can't say he can beat 7 straight 9 win seasons at Nebraska. That's the bar of minimum entry.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, brophog said:

That is what isn't established for me. What he did at NDSU is incredible. You move from there to a school like Wyoming, then show you can do it there before taking up a job like Nebraska. Bohl hasn't yet. Until he does, I can't say he can beat 7 straight 9 win seasons at Nebraska. That's the bar of minimum entry.

Agree what Bohl’s did at NDSU was impressive. At Wyoming he’s beat teams they should be competitive with, and lost to everyone they should. Think he’s a solid coach, just not at Nebraska or Power 5 Schools in general. Huskers need an up grade and not some of the same old same old

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, brophog said:

For the most part this post is right on....

The 7 straight 9 win season at NU needs to have an * behind it.   I would say the bar of minimum entry should be 8/9 wins and body / verbal language that says "I am NEBRASKA" and will bleed RED til the end.  Obviously the upgrade (WHICH WE ARE ALL LOOKING FOR) is win some big games, reduce the national blowouts,  have a chance for the BigTen trophy during the last 3 weeks of the season during most year and compete for the Big Trophy more regularly than every other decade.