ILB Garrett Snodgrass [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

18 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Snodgrass commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa
    • Iowa State

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, cheekygeek said:

Thanks for sharing this, but is this an odd video for Huskers Online? Yes, he is a Nebraska commit but York was upset (at home) in this game 20-13. While Snodgrass accounted for 201 of York's 258 total yards (Rushing 28-95-2 TDs, Passing 9 of 20 for 126 yds and one INT) the INT by Snodgrass sealed the win for McCook. Not sure that this is a performance to highlight. Plays both sides of the ball, so clearly an athlete.

I am sure lots of great players play on teams that dont win every game. He cant control the other 21 players on offense and defense. He did as much as he could being 1 guy. I think the video was just to show even though his team lost he shined individually. 

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...

During Friday night’s thrilling 42-40 win on the road over Seward, York had clutch performances from many of its players. For one, senior wideout Brady Danielson broke the school record for single-game receiving yards with 198 on eight catches. The Dukes’ offensive line – mainly comprised of Noah Stafursky, AJ Beins, Max Kohmetscher, Doug Lazo, Josh Saathoff, Bo Lucas and tight end Wyatt Cast – helped pave the way for 6-foot-3, 220-pound senior quarterback Garrett Snodgrass, who broke York’s all-time career scoring record with 278 points and the single-game total yards mark with 406 after rushing for 123 with three touchdowns and passing for 283 and two scores in the win over the Bluejays.

Link

2 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Or that, I was thinking more toward the end of the year but I will take it. This dude is all over the field for York.

If Masry qualified that would be three D-1 players in York at Nebraska. That is more than Lincoln has produced in the last three years if not more.

Lincoln has only produced one Husker is the previous four classes - 2015 through 2018 - Walker in the 2017 class.  2014 had Foster and Gifford with Rose as a walk-on.

8 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

Edit: Misunderstood you, though you meant actual scholarship offer.

I bet this kid could see the field with his athleticism. York has some dudes. Has it been recent or have they just become a mini D-1 factory of talent?

Glen Snodgrass is a hell of a coach.  He is involved with every aspect of York football from the pee-wees on up to high school.  He has the pee-wee program run the same offense as the high school so they are used to it by junior high.  

• Plus1 3
  • 1 month later...

"I found out I was going to start out at middle linebacker, and I have the ability to move to outside, so don't be surprised if I end up there too," Snodgrass told Husker247.

When he first committed at the end of the Mike Riley era, the last staff liked his potential as a possible H-back or tight end. But the recruit was always considered an "athlete" who could be flexible and possibly used on either side of the ball.

Scott Frost's staff ultimately decided to put him at a position where the Huskers are in immediate need of building up some depth. And the recruit sees it as the right fit.

"I love linebacker. I'll play any position," Snodgrass said. "But I feel like my body is pretty ideal for linebacker more than any other position really. I think it will be a good fit for me, and I'm excited to learn the defense."

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to ILB Garrett Snodgrass [Nebraska Commit]