You know what would be an amazing thing to see?

So writing is on the wall for this season. Win or lose on Friday, it's the last game of the season for this team.

Let's send them off right. Regardless of what happens on the field. Regardless of the outcome. How amazing would it be if when the game ends, Memorial stadium is a packed sea of red and the entire fan-base is on their feet clapping.

"Through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football"

Let's prove it on Friday. GBR!

• Plus1 5

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

True, but that's true whether we're playing well or not.  Lots of Husker Fans don't want to sit in the cold the day after Thanksgiving, and they sell their tickets. 

Happened when we played Oklahoma on Black Friday, and it happened when we played Colorado. 

It's supposed to be pretty warm the rest of the week.

It would also be nice to see the red balloons launched within the 1st minute of the game.

Yes I agree, I'd rather take a very cold seat & butt and a Runza hand warmer any day to going shopping on Black Friday.  I'll be at the Okla Husker Club giving one last yell for the season.

39 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yes, but it'll still be the day after Thanksgiving, and Black Friday when a portion of women who would normally go to a game instead choose to do Christmas shopping.

This was my family growing up. My Dad, Grandfather, Uncle or two, and a cousin would all go to the game on Friday and my mom, sisters, grandmother, aunts all went shopping.

• Plus1 1

When all is said and done, the players are Student-Athletes.   Regardless of the outcome Friday, I hope the are cheered off the field either way. 

Rather than the fans in Memorial Stadium booing the fans, or walking out of the stadium, Cheer.  Otherwise, what kind of fans would we be?  Can't really be the "best fans in the nation"
then. 

• Plus1 3
12 hours ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

When all is said and done, the players are Student-Athletes.   Regardless of the outcome Friday, I hope the are cheered off the field either way. 

Rather than the fans in Memorial Stadium booing the fans, or walking out of the stadium, Cheer.  Otherwise, what kind of fans would we be?  Can't really be the "best fans in the nation"
then. 

The seniors playing their last game in Memorial came here with high expectations and dreams.  They didn't have a say in who their coach would be the last three years.  These men deserve a standing ovation because they are and always will be Huskers.

Edited by TonyStalloni
  • Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

The seniors playing their last game in Memorial came here with high expectations and dreams.  They didn't have a say in who their coach would be the last three years.  These men deserve a standing ovation because they are and always will be Huskers.

Amen Tony.  I hope all the seniors get to play today.  Wouldn't that be cool?  I hope they rally and beat Iowa.  It's supposed to be 70 degrees on Friday, last game of the season-everyone on this board knows what offseason is like around here! I hope our boys go out with a bang!

• Plus1 1