Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?

6 minutes ago, theknife said:

I'm not vibing with the negative tone some took from Sr. Mike Riley obviously had an impact on him and he was defending someone he cares about. If he and his son are willing to come back, I welcome them. 

Sure, he was sticking up for a friend and mentor.  But he took it too far talking crap about players, calling the fans/university impatient and of course threatening to not let his son come back if the 19-19 coach wasnt retained.  He handled it poorly.

• Plus1 3

39 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

My understanding was that Jr. isn't living at home, but with a trainer friend ... and is working full time on getting it together.

You grown people picking on an 18 year old athlete of our school are disgusting.

I think most people are picking on his father, and as of right now he’s not a student-athlete at UNL. 

• Plus1 4

Fair enough - but I'll still stand by my comment that our "fans" speaking like this about any 18 year old are tacky.  Makes me sad to see it.

• "Add Keyshawn Jr. to the list of "famous sons" (with Puff Daddy's kid, Snoop Dogg's kid) who have done nothing at the colleges they initially went to play football."
  • "what did KJJ actually contribute here, other than to the local weed economy?"
  • "Oh no, a kid who never saw the field, couldn’t even figure out how to hide smoking weed and make it through his freshman year without getting kicked off the team isn’t coming back? The program is truly over"
  • "We'll be down one chubby wideout. I hope we can get by without him."
  • "I really think jr. is convinced he can ride on his dad’s coattails. He got off to a poor start, give me a hard working, dedicated kid with even less talent or name recognition!"

Edited by NM11046
  • Plus1 3
13 hours ago, NM11046 said:

You grown people picking on an 18 year old athlete of our school are disgusting.

I have no problem with this, but you're the same person that called Pledger an 'immature punk' for some tweet he sent to Bookie. Hopefully your opinion on the matter has changed and this isn't a double standard because KJJ is a Nebraska athlete.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

I have no problem with this, but you're the same person that called Pledger an 'immature punk' for some tweet he sent to Bookie. Hopefully your opinion on the matter has changed and this isn't a double standard because KJJ is a Nebraska athlete.

You are right.  My comment about Pledger  was harsh and inappropriate.  

• Mavric changed the title to Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?