Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?

11 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

My opinion on Colin's public comment - piss poor.  Feel that way, challenge the kid in practice, on the field, face to face but this shouldn't ever have been put out to thousands on twitter.  I'll give him a little slack because he's an 18 year old kid (but I'd expect the current coaching staff has a convo with him, and that the tweet be taken down immediately), but I don't give any slack to all those on HB and twitter and elsewhere who are beating up KJJ or giving this kid a slap on the back for tearing down a teammate.  

I don’t have a problem with what Collin Miller tweeted. Collin is showing that players coming to Nebraska need to be fully committed to Nebraska and that one kid or group of kids isn’t bigger than the other. I understand the “marketing” of the Calibraska movement, but by focusing so much attention to these specific kids from California, the coaches put them on a high pedestal than the rest of the recruits and team. Then when Keyshawn Jr. comes in out of shape and doesn’t do what it takes to stay on the team this past semester, of course kids on the team are going to be upset about. We had posters on this board saying that KJJ has done more to NU by not playing a down for NU, than others who committed 4-5 years to the program. That’s the wrong type of attitude to have. Don’t bad mouth KJJ, but don’t go overly praising him, too. Yeah, he helped bring in some guys to NU, who may or may never contribute on the field at NU, but that’s about all he’s done.

Edited by ColoradoHusk
  • Plus1 3

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t have a problem with what Collin Miller tweeted. Collin is showing that players coming to Nebraska need to be fully committed to Nebraska and that one kid or group of kids isn’t bigger than the other. I understand the “marketing” of the Calibraska movement, but by focusing so much attention to these specific kids from California, the coaches put them on a high pedestal than the rest of the recruits and team. Then when Keyshawn Jr. comes in out of shape and doesn’t do what it takes to stay on the team this past semester, of course kids on the team are going to be upset about. We had posters on this board saying that KJJ has done more to NU by not playing a down for NU, than others who committed 4-5 years to the program. That’s the wrong type of attitude to have. Don’t bad mouth KJJ, but don’t go overly praising him, too. Yeah, he helped bring in some guys to NU, who may or may never contribute on the field at NU, but that’s about all he’s done.

I understand your comments about fans heaping praise on any player - my issue is that Collin is still in the program, and until he leaves he is expected to represent it;  with the morals and ethics of Nebraska FB.  What we are known for, and have been for many years.  Once a team member always a team member - you don't air your dirty laundry in public.   It's a bad look for Nebraska FB and i'd expect it's one of many lessons the new coaching staff will have to remind these young men about.  

We talk a lot about admiring the Stile's, the Drew Browns and others who have wholeheartedly been Huskers in these toughest of years, of all the captains who stood in front of reporters and conducted themselves professionally after very difficult games, when their coaching staff was getting boo'd and ripped by the newspapers.  These folks understood that they are the image of the program and what was expected of them.  Can you see any of them making comments like this about a teammate?  What this kid did on twitter was the antihesis of anything I pride myself on about being a Husker.  I'd be ashamed if any of our players were taunting or mouthing off to competitors on twitter, but to go after a teammate, current or former is beyond the pale for me.  

Edited by NM11046

The ideal of the morals and ethics of the NU program is so overblown by some people. NU was a winning program for so many years, that it was easy to say “we have high ethics and morals”. Now that NU has struggled the past 15 years plus, it seems that’s the only thing some fans have to hang on to.

As someone who wants competitors driven to win for their school and their teammates, I LOVE Miller’s comments. If Gebbia or any of KJJ’s buddies have an issue with the Tweet, then they need to think why they are at NU. Are they there to be with their friends, or are they at NU to play football and build a winning program. If it’s the first choice, then they might as well leave NU. 

• Plus1 4

I don't have a problem with Miller's words. But for certain, the one thing worse than Miller's words, in this whole thing, is the people who are telling Miller what to do and say. There are a lot of folks who come out of the woodworks solely when people do things perceived as negative by PR, and take the opportunity to tell said person(s) how to go about their lives. It's annoying.

Edited by C-4
  • Plus1 1

people should quit being so vile when 18 year olds decide not to choose Nebraska. It would also do our fans a great service to quite pumping stats from the 90s, to back up their claims. It makes them look like a jackass. All the guys that are tweeting at UCF recruits, etc. who decide not to come should really chill. UCF would whoop our ass right now and, as far as I'm concerned, we're a has-been on the field until proven otherwise. If these were your kids getting tweeted at like that, how would you feel?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, C-4 said:

I don't have a problem with Miller's words. But fore certain, the one thing worse than Miller's words here are those who are telling him what to do and say. There are a lot of folks who come out of the woodworks solely when people do things perceived as negative by PR and take the opportunity to tell said person(s) how to go about their lives. It's annoying.

Honestly, I kinda agree. I really think the only people that have any insight into the situation are players on the team. So Miller's words might be harsh, but I think he has more of a right to say something about the situation than the random, 40-year old Joe from North Platte who is just pissed that KJJ isn't coming back and takes it out on him via social media.

• Plus1 1

Kind of funny...about a month ago we all sort of loved hearing how Frost left for Stanford, came back to NU and had to "pay the price" to earn his teammates respect.  Now we have a kid that came here, left, and now said he isn't coming back.  He doesn't even get called out for it he simply is told that NU football is about being all in...and we have people freaking out.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

If you think what Miller tweeted was in poor taste, fine.  But don't any of you that think it is in poor taste ever post negative things about anyone at all ever again.  

If your comment is directed toward me teach, I can promise you you will never see me tweet or say anything pubically negative about my former teammates, current or former colleagues etc.  No problem.  

16 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

If this were true, he'd be on his way back. 

16 hours ago, lo country said:

Same with them not choosing NU.  I don't take it personal.  Don't come to a place that you are not 100% committed to be at.

Neither of you know this. Unless you've seen a source that says it was his decision not to come, and not that he desperately wanted to and Frost wasn't interested, that's an inappropriate assumption about a kid you don't know.

• Plus1 1

I’ve got a solution for all of this. Outlaw Twitter. I’m half serious. Most of the uproar about these things stems from tweets. Players shouldn’t say so and so, fans shouldn’t be tweeting at players, etc. Ya know what, I don’t have a Twitter account and only coincidentally see tweets that are posted and talked about here on HB. In my estimation the only purpose for Twitter is for people to call attention to themselves, say how blessed they are for the umpteenth time to have been offered a scholarship, and/or disparage others. Not the best of purposes imo. Yet people hereabouts are constantly upset over what somebody did/said on Twitter. I understand it’s a problem, fans tweeting at players etc. but there’s a solution, quit using the gd Twitter and quit talking about it. Let it die the death it deserves. If it would stick to worthwhile newsfeed type stuff I think it would be fine but 90% of what I see from it has me convinced it is way more harmful than any good it may serve. Honestly I don’t miss not having it at all. It’s just one more thing I don’t have to worry about getting pissed off about. Y’all should try it.

• Plus1 6
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The ideal of the morals and ethics of the NU program is so overblown by some people. NU was a winning program for so many years, that it was easy to say “we have high ethics and morals”. Now that NU has struggled the past 15 years plus, it seems that’s the only thing some fans have to hang on to.

As someone who wants competitors driven to win for their school and their teammates, I LOVE Miller’s comments. If Gebbia or any of KJJ’s buddies have an issue with the Tweet, then they need to think why they are at NU. Are they there to be with their friends, or are they at NU to play football and build a winning program. If it’s the first choice, then they might as well leave NU. 

i totally agree with this. 

Edited by Big Red 40
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

If you think what Miller tweeted was in poor taste, fine.  But don't any of you that think it is in poor taste ever post negative things about anyone at all ever again.  

This is a completely silly take. I can think something is in poor taste, and then post something that someone else thinks is in poor taste - there's nothing wrong with either person express their opinion or expressing their reaction to another's opinion.

As for the tweet, I think the choice of words "die for" is a poor choice. It diminishes the choice of those who are actually doing things they might make the ultimate sacrifice for and nobody should be willing to die for a football program. And as someone already mentioned, Collin being a member of the team means he shouldn't air dirty laundry - it's a bad look. But he's a college kid on twitter, so I don't care that much about him and his post, but I think a lot of the reaction to him and KJJ is disappointing.

• Plus1 2