Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?

28 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I have not researched this so I don't know how accurate it is. But perception to me feels like California kids are always rated as high as southeast kids. But they never seem to pan out- they do ok in the soft PAC 12. The only cali guy I can think of off the top of my head that was an all out stud was Phillips- as far as playing at Nebraska anyway. 

Ralph Brown, Taylor Martinez, Brendan Stai, Roy Helu, Abdul Muhammed, Vince Ferragamo...........

Edited by TheSker
  • Plus1 3

21 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I have not researched this so I don't know how accurate it is. But perception to me feels like California kids are always rated as high as southeast kids. But they never seem to pan out- they do ok in the soft PAC 12. The only cali guy I can think of off the top of my head that was an all out stud was Phillips- as far as playing at Nebraska anyway. 

Plenty of talent in California, let's drop this narrative. The state of California has more players in the NFL currently than 48 other states. I'm sure there is plenty of other data out there but I'm too lazy.

• Plus1 4
29 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

From the top of my head:

90s Glory Days

Ralph Brown

Michael Booker

Brenfan Stai

Abdul Mohammed

Sheldon Jackson

Recent Past

Taylor Martinez

Quincy Enunwa

Damion Stafford

38 minutes ago, Red Five said:

From the top of my head:

90s Glory Days

Ralph Brown

Michael Booker

Brenfan Stai

Abdul Mohammed

Sheldon Jackson

Recent Past

Taylor Martinez

Quincy Enunwa

Damion Stafford

Damion Stafford never hit anybody hard or got in anybodys face...

The kid made mistakes, but I don't think he deserves to be attacked for what his father said.  If he wants to come back to Nebraska and do the work required to be a top player, I certainly have no problems with it.  But as someone else said the scolly may be gone with Coach Riley being gone.

• Plus1 4
21 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Yep. Like I said, if his name wasn't Keyshawn Johnson this wouldn't even be a story. I'm more interested in what Lindsey, and Gebbia are thinking right now.

Hopefully Lindsey finds a UCF tape and think he could be our Killins or Anderson. Lindsey + Spielman could be a marvelous thing in the future

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If Sr. Doesn’t want Riley fired, then his son should have been here working his ass off to make the program successful. 

That said, if Frost wants him back, then great.  Get in shape and show up ready to work. Husker nation would love to have you. 

Through all this though, I really hope Gebbia stays. 

I was just going to post something similar to what you said.  KJ's may not see it, there is absolutely a correlation.  If there was such concern over Riley, then show up, work hard, keep your nose clean, and be accountable.  Little things like that make a difference.  The lack of accountability overall is a good part of what sunk Riley's ship.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

If Sr. Doesn’t want Riley fired, then his son should have been here working his ass off to make the program successful. 

That said, if Frost wants him back, then great.  Get in shape and show up ready to work. Husker nation would love to have you. 

Through all this though, I really hope Gebbia stays. 

Yeah, it's sort of hard to take his comments seriously when his son could be considered part of the problem. One piece in a very large puzzle.

My thoughts on this are the same with any recruit - if you don't think it's working out somewhere and you believe another school can give you the opportunities you seek then, by all means, go to that school. You only get one shot at college so you have to make the most of it.

• Mavric changed the title to Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?