ColoradoHusk

Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?

2 minutes ago, corncraze said:

Did Frost and Co. not want him?

Sure looks that way on the surface.

If so, I don't think I'd blame Frost at all.  He needs to focus on players for his roster and he isn't obligated to keep a spot for Jr. if he isn't a good fit.

10 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

Quite a few idiots responding to that tweet. 

Yes there are plenty of those everywhere unfortunately. We just need to keep the positve mojo going on huskerboard

Gosh darn

Edited by Enhance
Removed offensive language.
  • Plus1 7

On 12/15/2017 at 5:56 PM, Football Guy Bob said:

Gosh darn

Shots fired! Surprised to see it come from a player, who will still have to interact with others on the team that are friends with KJJ. Maybe he knows more than we do, but still seems a bit harsh. Good luck KJJ, thanks fro getting Gebbia and crew to campus.

10 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I thought he was definitely planning on coming back (posted it earlier in the topic) but we have no idea whether Frost and the other coaches wanted him to come back, or whether he ended up liking the new WR coach (if he met him).

I said two years ago that I was happy that he committed and would be sad when he decommitted. I was pleasantly surprised when he stayed for so long.  I would like to say I was right all along, but it's more like I was wrong twice.

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

I said two years ago that I was happy that he committed and would be sad when he decommitted. I was pleasantly surprised when he stayed for so long.  I would like to say I was right all along, but it's more like I was wrong twice.

Awesome story bro

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

are-you-wizard.jpg

• Plus1 4

7 minutes ago, macroboy said:

So does this mean his Calibraska buddies are transferring out?

Who all would that be? Gebbia, Lamar Jackson, was Dismuke one?

Gebbia almost for sure.  Oregon State destination ???

Edited by Hooked on Huskers

1 hour ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Savage. I like it.

Winner.  I like it as well.....  Get with the program or get gone. Nothing personal.  Winning teams are filled with guys who want to be there....

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Winner.  I like it as well.....  Get with the program or get gone. Nothing personal.  Winning teams are filled with guys who want to be there....

Let's not do this. Keyshawn wanted to be here more than anybody. He gave our program an insane amount of publicity and hype, and was integral in a lot of current players ending up here, made a mistake, and was working his ass off to get back.

• Plus1 6

28 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Let's not do this. Keyshawn wanted to be here more than anybody. He gave our program an insane amount of publicity and hype, and was integral in a lot of current players ending up here, made a mistake, and was working his ass off to get back.

I mean...not really.

• Plus1 8

Good luck to Keyshawn, does he have to sit out a year on his transfer or does he get to play right away since he didn't play last season? I could see him at Oregon State or UCLA.

30 minutes ago, Landlord said:

If this were true, he'd be on his way back. 

• Plus1 5

23 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Not bashing him.  Agreeing with Miller. I said earlier, if he fits with what Frost and company want, then come on.  Bottom line, kids don't want to play here, see ya.  Same with  all the other guys.  If you are loyal to a coach, then don't come here.  It's that simple.  It's not personal.  Same with them not choosing NU.  I don't take it personal.  Don't come to a place that you are not 100% committed to be at.  The whole put these kids on a pedestal and don't hurt their feelings.....

I want pipe hitters at NU. Not saying he isn't or wouldn't be, but if you don't want to be "N", be gone....Again not personal.  

Best of luck to him and the others who moved on.  I still watch and cheer for former NU coaches.....Still follow some of the kids who've left NU when they are on TV......Bottom line, kids revel in their twitterspehre, expect some comments. (no I don't tweet out to players or recruits)

• Plus1 2

20 minutes ago, lo country said:

Not bashing him.  Agreeing with Miller. I said earlier, if he fits with what Frost and company want, then come on.  Bottom line, kids don't want to play here, see ya.  Same with  all the other guys.  If you are loyal to a coach, then don't come here.  It's that simple.  It's not personal.  Same with them not choosing NU.  I don't take it personal.  Don't come to a place that you are not 100% committed to be at.  The whole put these kids on a pedestal and don't hurt their feelings.....

I want pipe hitters at NU. Not saying he isn't or wouldn't be, but if you don't want to be "N", be gone....Again not personal.  

Best of luck to him and the others who moved on.  I still watch and cheer for former NU coaches.....Still follow some of the kids who've left NU when they are on TV......Bottom line, kids revel in their twitterspehre, expect some comments. (no I don't tweet out to players or recruits)

That’s the problem...

• Plus1 4

9 minutes ago, Army Husker said:

That’s the problem...

Pipe Hitter- Some one or a group of people who are willing to go to the extreme in order to get things accomplished.

Unsure if you're saying that's the problem with NU i.e. no one willing to go to the extreme  or "pipe hitter" being one who smokes weed.....

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Pipe Hitter- Some one or a group of people who are willing to go to the extreme in order to get things accomplished.

Unsure if you're saying that's the problem with NU i.e. no one willing to go to the extreme  or "pipe hitter" being one who smokes weed.....

‘‘Twas a tongue in cheek reference of the latter relating to Jr... 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Army Husker said:

‘‘Twas a tongue in cheek reference of the latter relating to Jr... 

I thought so!  Didn't want to ASSume.

Stay safe

Dismuke has a lot of room to grow but he had a nose for the ball and seemed to be in on many tackles or near the pile during the snaps he was out there. I hope he doesn’t leave. Should have a the opportunity to start. 

Gebbia has a wide open opportunity to start for 2-4 years, only way I see him leave is if he doesn’t want to run the ball much and looking for a different culture. 

KJJ is meh. On one hand he is just another guy who flopped his opportunity and text book example of why not to hype up recruits, but the other hand he has been a pretty standup individual in the public following the dismissal - that must be his moms guidance. (I kinda like Senior but in small portions). With that, good luck to him and I hope he finds success at his next step. 

Attrition is gonna be a more popular word this off season. 

12 hours ago, Football Guy Bob said:

God damn

Not really much to do with KJJ, but more the team that is in Lincoln:  how many players on the roster feel like Miller?  I'm hoping there is a huge group that has been chomping at the bit to just get after somebody on offense and defense.  How many of these guys have felt like they've been trapped in a system of read and react and they are finally going to get off their leash and go.  I'm already anxious for this fall, Miller's Tweet just made that wait much "harder" (take that any way you want, you're not wrong ;) )

14 hours ago, Football Guy Bob said:

God damn

Good on him! Hopefully more guys feel this way. I'm guessing winter workouts are gonna weed out the weak. The weak will quit, the guys who have heart and want to work will flourish. They finally have a coach that knows what it takes to win. 

• Plus1 2

My opinion on Colin's public comment - piss poor.  Feel that way, challenge the kid in practice, on the field, face to face but this shouldn't ever have been put out to thousands on twitter.  I'll give him a little slack because he's an 18 year old kid (but I'd expect the current coaching staff has a convo with him, and that the tweet be taken down immediately), but I don't give any slack to all those on HB and twitter and elsewhere who are beating up KJJ or giving this kid a slap on the back for tearing down a teammate.  

• Plus1 5

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

yeah, I saw this.. I also saw this guy spelled America with KKK on his home page. After complaining about fans attacking KJ he then attacks NU by calling them horrible.

Sorry, but that is being a hypocrite

• Plus1 6

Just now, Bornhusker said:

yeah, I saw this.. I also saw this guy spelled America with KKK on his home page. After complaining about fans attacking KJ he then attacks NU by calling them horrible.

Sorry, but that is being a hypocrite

The point of my post is to show the affects of people teeeting at players/recruits. 

It it needs to stop. 

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well if this wasn't a Twitter troll. Trying to slander Nebraska fans by using a few bad apples to drag everybody else through the mud for his own agenda. (Insert Dark Knight Joker slow clap - here)

• Plus1 4

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

The point of my post is to show the affects of people teeeting at players/recruits. 

It it needs to stop. 

Oh, I don't disagree one bit. I think they are a-holes for sure. I was just pointing out this person is a joke.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

My opinion on Colin's public comment - piss poor.  Feel that way, challenge the kid in practice, on the field, face to face but this shouldn't ever have been put out to thousands on twitter.  I'll give him a little slack because he's an 18 year old kid (but I'd expect the current coaching staff has a convo with him, and that the tweet be taken down immediately), but I don't give any slack to all those on HB and twitter and elsewhere who are beating up KJJ or giving this kid a slap on the back for tearing down a teammate.  

I don’t have a problem with what Collin Miller tweeted. Collin is showing that players coming to Nebraska need to be fully committed to Nebraska and that one kid or group of kids isn’t bigger than the other. I understand the “marketing” of the Calibraska movement, but by focusing so much attention to these specific kids from California, the coaches put them on a high pedestal than the rest of the recruits and team. Then when Keyshawn Jr. comes in out of shape and doesn’t do what it takes to stay on the team this past semester, of course kids on the team are going to be upset about. We had posters on this board saying that KJJ has done more to NU by not playing a down for NU, than others who committed 4-5 years to the program. That’s the wrong type of attitude to have. Don’t bad mouth KJJ, but don’t go overly praising him, too. Yeah, he helped bring in some guys to NU, who may or may never contribute on the field at NU, but that’s about all he’s done.

Edited by ColoradoHusk
  • Plus1 3

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t have a problem with what Collin Miller tweeted. Collin is showing that players coming to Nebraska need to be fully committed to Nebraska and that one kid or group of kids isn’t bigger than the other. I understand the “marketing” of the Calibraska movement, but by focusing so much attention to these specific kids from California, the coaches put them on a high pedestal than the rest of the recruits and team. Then when Keyshawn Jr. comes in out of shape and doesn’t do what it takes to stay on the team this past semester, of course kids on the team are going to be upset about. We had posters on this board saying that KJJ has done more to NU by not playing a down for NU, than others who committed 4-5 years to the program. That’s the wrong type of attitude to have. Don’t bad mouth KJJ, but don’t go overly praising him, too. Yeah, he helped bring in some guys to NU, who may or may never contribute on the field at NU, but that’s about all he’s done.

I understand your comments about fans heaping praise on any player - my issue is that Collin is still in the program, and until he leaves he is expected to represent it;  with the morals and ethics of Nebraska FB.  What we are known for, and have been for many years.  Once a team member always a team member - you don't air your dirty laundry in public.   It's a bad look for Nebraska FB and i'd expect it's one of many lessons the new coaching staff will have to remind these young men about.  

We talk a lot about admiring the Stile's, the Drew Browns and others who have wholeheartedly been Huskers in these toughest of years, of all the captains who stood in front of reporters and conducted themselves professionally after very difficult games, when their coaching staff was getting boo'd and ripped by the newspapers.  These folks understood that they are the image of the program and what was expected of them.  Can you see any of them making comments like this about a teammate?  What this kid did on twitter was the antihesis of anything I pride myself on about being a Husker.  I'd be ashamed if any of our players were taunting or mouthing off to competitors on twitter, but to go after a teammate, current or former is beyond the pale for me.  

Edited by NM11046