Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?

16 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

huh. the new era is scott frost...and kjj doesn't want to be apart of it.

NOT SAYING THIS ABOUT KJJ, but wanted to throw this out.  What I really liked about Frost (paraphrase) that he wanted the kids o go home and enjoy Christmas.  That when they get back it's time to go to work and work they will.   For those who want to work and get after it, it will be the most fun they've had playing football.  For those that don't, it will be different........

Every year we hear about the workouts were the hardest, best shape blah, blah, blah.....I really believe that Frost and Co will be putting the foot to the gas and this could possibly tun out to be a team that is a mirror image of our glory years.  NOT IN PRODUCTION, per say, but in effort, intensity and work ethic.  Those who buy in will excel, those who don't will probably opt out....

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

The coach that recruited him was fired, but the biggest impact of that coach was essentially KJJ, Gebbia, and the recruiting footprint they developed. 

You mean an overhyped “movement” that produced players who haven’t done much on the field yet and may not ever do anything in Cornhusker red, and their savior-coach got fired in the meantime?

Edited by ColoradoHusk
  • Plus1 6

I wanted to see what KJJ would have done here ... including Sr. coming on board.  I  would have liked to see that Calabraska connection get solidified.  I really wanted that and thought it would be good for the program.  Californian's have always been a big part of our program.

What surprises me is that KJJ, and obviously his Dad, felt that Scott Frost was and his system was somehow not going to be good for his son.  That really, really surprises me.  There is absolutely nothing at Oregon St. or Fresno St. that is gonna be better that what Nebraska is putting together ... at least if you go off what was accomplished by Frost & Co. in two years.  They seem to believe that .500 football coaches are worth following where ever they go.  But hey ... they made their decision.  I don't even "disagree" with it ... I just don't see Frost & Co as a bad place to leave my son.

Movin' on ... KJJ will be fine.  I won't be dead to him ... but I am moving on.  I hope we can stay connected to Calabraska and build an even better recruiting base out there ... in addition to Florida.  We need both FL and CA kids in our program.

Go Big Red!

4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You mean an overhyped “movement” that produced players who haven’t done much on the field yet and may not ever do anything in Cornhusker red, and their savior-coach got fired in the meantime?

You mean a recruiting movement that got us a ton of national buzz and publicity, that produced a handful of highly ranked recruits who have the potential to be great productive players to us as they develop, and who (at least some of them) are sticking around after the coach they loved and committed to got fired?

• Plus1 3

5 hours ago, Landlord said:

You mean a recruiting movement that got us a ton of national buzz and publicity, that produced a handful of highly ranked recruits who have the potential to be great productive players to us as they develop, and who (at least some of them) are sticking around after the coach they loved and committed to got fired?

That's one way to look at it 

5 hours ago, Landlord said:

Too be fair, we don’t know how many are actually sticking around. They usually make that decision in the spring. They aren’t going to up and leave prior to fall semester being completed. They’re just now hearing back home, discussions with families will probably be had at this point. For now, I think a lot of them are still unproven. The hype was a little over blown, but the jury is still out.