On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:32 PM, seaofred92 said:

IF a change goes down... 

Candidates: 

Oats (Buffalo) 

Musselman (Nevada)

Jankovic (SMU)

Martin (South Carolina)

Altman (Oregon)

Oats only has 3 years hc experience. Not sure he is proven just yet?

Altman is going to be 60 years old and Jankovich 59 when next season starts. How many years do they have left? Would like to have a coach that wants to be here for 15+ years.

Musselman would use NU as stepping stone to bigger program or return to NBA. And he might be doing that at Nevada. He would be a short term coach in my opinion.

Martin would be a great hire. Hated him at K-St. and there was talk that he was not on the up and up while there.  

On 3/22/2018 at 10:32 PM, seaofred92 said:

IF a change goes down... 

Candidates: 

Oats (Buffalo) 

Musselman (Nevada)

Jankovic (SMU)

Martin (South Carolina)

Altman (Oregon)

Interesting...here are my lame thoughts...

Martin is probably waiting for the Miami job

Oats, no idea at all

Musselman would be a great hire but I don't see why he would leave UNR now

Jank is interesting and has midwest ties

1 hour ago, ECisGod said:

Is that a step up?  It seems like a lateral move to me.

Maybe just a money move?  Not sure either.

But a lot of times these coaches get out while the getting out is good.  I mean he probably got a longer deal and more cash...might as well take that lotto ticket when you can.

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Maybe just a money move?  Not sure either.

But a lot of times these coaches get out while the getting out is good.  I mean he probably got a longer deal and more cash...might as well take that lotto ticket when you can.

He was making $275k per year at USD, and there isn't any news of what he's going to get paid at USU, but his predecessor there was making around $375k, so a pretty nice bump in pay for sure.

But it is most definitely a step up in prestige - in the Mountain West he'll be going up against the likes of UNLV, New Mexico, Nevada, Boise, Colorado State - and potentially Gonzaga in league play next year.  That's a significant increase in schedule strength over what he was facing week in and week out in the Summit League.  Plus, USU will be on national TV much more frequently than USD was.

...and the fan environment when it's rolling in Logan is among the best in the country:

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, passranch said:

He was making $275k per year at USD, and there isn't any news of what he's going to get paid at USU, but his predecessor there was making around $375k, so a pretty nice bump in pay for sure.

But it is most definitely a step up in prestige - in the Mountain West he'll be going up against the likes of UNLV, New Mexico, Nevada, Boise, Colorado State - and potentially Gonzaga in league play next year.  That's a significant increase in schedule strength over what he was facing week in and week out in the Summit League.  Plus, USU will be on national TV much more frequently than USD was.

...and the fan environment when it's rolling in Logan is among the best in the country:

I guess I missed USU moving to the Mountain West.  That is definitely a step up.

On 3/22/2018 at 10:32 PM, seaofred92 said:

IF a change goes down... 

Candidates: 

Oats (Buffalo) 

Musselman (Nevada)

Jankovic (SMU)

Martin (South Carolina)

Altman (Oregon)

Highly doubt that Musselman or Martin would leave their current gigs to come to a worse situation. 

Altman would be hilarious, and is not-so-secretly what I am hoping for.