Head Basketball Coach Search

9 minutes ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

Rumor based off another site?  Or something more credible by chance?  Appreciate the updates!   

Nothing super credible. Heard the rumor from a person with some insight into UNL’s athletic department that called the Scott Frost move before it happened. Hoping he’s 2 for 2.

• Plus1 1

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2016/11/oregon_dana_altman_agree_on_7-.html

Altman will earn a base salary of $1.8 million this season and is due a retention bonus of $850,000 this spring at the end of the contract's first year. Altman would be paid retention bonuses of $200,000 after the contract's second year, and $300,000 after every year that follows.

Altman will owe a buyout of $2 million if he leaves for another job before April 2018. The buyout declines each following year by at least $300,000.

• Plus1 2

LJS Article

"The stability of the program is really important. The last time that Tim had a real good year, we didn't follow it up with another one," Moos said. "It's tougher to stay there than it is to get there many times, and I'm fully aware of that. So I'm really interested in what (Miles) thinks about the stability of the program and what I can do to help him in that regard."

I think that's a less than subtle way of telling Miles you need to have a good year next year.

Edited by HS_Coach_C
  • Plus1 1

I understand the situation Moos is in. Hard to fire him after this year. Plus we are still on the Scott Frost high- let the State finish soaking up the euphoria for another year. Then once that wears off we will be ready to jump on the next coaching change- I just hope he can pull off a splash hire to actually take this program to the next level. Because Miles is not the guy to do it.

Edited by Huskers93-97