Come On Moos

2 hours ago, Frost Advisory said:

Yeah, that really rubbed me the wrong way as well.  I know he's probably just using coach speak, but it's really not something you should be saying after the season you produced.  Nebraska is a very proud program, and when people hear something like that from the man responsible for this trainwreck it feels like a slap in the face.  It makes it sound like he doesn't care about the damage done and hurt his product has caused Husker nation.  I would have respected him a lot more if he had announced his retirement and admitted he couldn't get it done.  Would have been a way to save face.  Doubling down after all this just wreaks of arrogance

Thank you. It hit me the same way. I know Riley is “the nicest guy in the world” and all but I don’t feel the slightest bit bad for him.  This football program has been decimated by him and his staff. And he gets to walk away with a fat severance package while we scramble to find someone to pick up the pieces.  

6 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

What if I told you we are further along than literally everyone who has fired their coach? We made our offer to Frost 3 weeks ago and have spoke to atleast 2 other coaches other than him that would all be considered great hires. Moos is playing chess while a lot of these Ads are playing checkers. Not even kidding 

Who ?  Including Chip Kelly who was not interested ?

37 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Who ?  Including Chip Kelly who was not interested ?

I believe the rumor making the rounds via the pay sites specified current coaches, which would not include Chip Kelly. 

But it is a rumor, and we’re on the outside looking in, so who knows... :dunno

4 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

In my eyes, Riley only keeps his dignity if he resigns.  He should be embarrassed for the product he's produced.  Regardless of injuries, talent, etc., there is no excuse to give up 50+ points at home three times and finish 4-8 at DONU.  That speech he gave about being the guy for the job did nothing but show how out of touch he is.  This team got worse as the season progressed and it wasn't due to injuries.  It's a bad product and he's responsible.    

I understand that Riley is trying to save his job and the jobs of all his assistants, but what he said in the PC after the game was so empty and out of touch. It’s been an entire season of BAD football. The best the team looked was against a terrible Illinois team and the 4th quarter against Purdue. The team shouldn’t be getting curb stomped by Minnesota and Iowa in a span of 3 weeks. The team quit on him and that’s the head coach’s fault. See ya Mike. 

8 hours ago, beastieboat said:

Moos is competing against 10 SEC teams for a new coach. But we are the Big Red so. Should be easy to get the best coach

Are you serious? Given the lowly state of our program, and unrealistic expectations of many of our fans, give me one reason why it should be “easy” to get the best coach. FYI - “We won a championship 20 years ago” doesn’t count.

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I understand that Riley is trying to save his job and the jobs of all his assistants, but what he said in the PC after the game was so empty and out of touch. It’s been an entire season of BAD football. The best the team looked was against a terrible Illinois team and the 4th quarter against Purdue. The team shouldn’t be getting curb stomped by Minnesota and Iowa in a span of 3 weeks. The team quit on him and that’s the head coach’s fault. See ya Mike. 

:yeah

GBR!!!

There could be a press conference today, I think there should be, or at least an announcement that Riley is fired today. But if there isn't, the longer this goes with silence from the athletic department, the longer it goes with Frost not just coming out and saying "I'm not going to Nebraska" then I think the more evident it is that Moos/Nebraska/Frost have an agreement locked in place.

I just think with the absolute state of panic this fan base is in, the nose dive direction of the football program, the fact there is seemingly no urgency from the athletic department to change directions should be a sign that things are already in place.

6 hours ago, ZRod said:

It's a just a game. These are still people with families and lives. They put in a lot of hours. The least they can get is some decorum on the way out. I wanted him gone a long time ago too, but I respect people who keep their word and treat other with dignity despite the circumstance

Cuz stealing millions of dollars from your employer due to lack of performance in the real world would result in a dignified firing....

5 hours ago, Frost Advisory said:

Yeah, that really rubbed me the wrong way as well.  I know he's probably just using coach speak, but it's really not something you should be saying after the season you produced.  Nebraska is a very proud program, and when people hear something like that from the man responsible for this trainwreck it feels like a slap in the face.  It makes it sound like he doesn't care about the damage done and hurt his product has caused Husker nation.  I would have respected him a lot more if he had announced his retirement and admitted he couldn't get it done.  Would have been a way to save face.  Doubling down after all this just wreaks of arrogance

Mike Riley is maybe the least arrogant person on planet Earth. 

Nothing wrong with a guy who is confident in himself. With all we know now about SE's manipulation, Riley building this thing alone may look totally different. 

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, billdozer15 said:

Cuz stealing millions of dollars from your employer due to lack of performance in the real world would result in a dignified firing....

Other people have tried carrying the 'Riley is stealing millions' torch on this board and it didn't go well for them. All it does is start undignified arguments, name calling and trolling. I suggest rethinking your strategy on this particular opinion.

• Plus1 1