Come On Moos

4 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Mike Riley is maybe the least arrogant person on planet Earth. 

Nothing wrong with a guy who is confident in himself. With all we know now about SE's manipulation, Riley building this thing alone may look totally different. 

Do people just want him to trash on himself for the job he has done? What kind of attitude do you expect from a D-1 coach. Product on the field may not have shown it but Mike is still a competitor. Of course he thinks he can do it still. If he didn't then he absolutely should have never been coaching college football at this level. 

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Other people have tried carrying the 'Riley is stealing millions' torch on this board and it didn't go well for them. All it does is start undignified arguments, name calling and trolling. I suggest rethinking your strategy on this particular opinion.

Don't care. All I'm saying is I'd this were any other job where you perform at a mediocre level and then into a break neck decline there would be no thought of your feelings or family as you got fired. Technically showing up and not performing is a form of theft. You aren't providing your employer what was agreed upon yet you get paid the same amount as if you were.....and some people do it knowingly...not saying that's what MR is doing. But his career record would suggest he does no more than is necessary.

2 minutes ago, billdozer15 said:

Don't care. All I'm saying is I'd this were any other job where you perform at a mediocre level and then into a break neck decline there would be no thought of your feelings or family as you got fired. Technically showing up and not performing is a form of theft. You aren't providing your employer what was agreed upon yet you get paid the same amount as if you were.....and some people do it knowingly...not saying that's what MR is doing. But his career record would suggest he does no more than is necessary.

It is not a form of theft. Stop trying to prove your ridiculous point.

He will be let go. Patience.

• Plus1 1

Riley has made many positive contributions to the program and has been a good representative of the school, team and its fans.   Outside of the lopsided losses, he has NOT embarrassed the school and the team at all that I can recall.  The fans want to win and the losses are tough.  The have been that way for a decade (lest we tend to forget the ugly games of the prior regimes going back to 2001.   It has been THAT LONG and four coaching staffs that have let the fans down.

In looking back at the season, I think it is abundantly clear that our team lacks talent.   They have some athleticism and skill but talent is the whole package which includes speed, size, agility, know how and HEART!.   We have a small handful of players with heart but the great bulk of the team exhibits dam little passion and drive and that 'hunger' as some like to call it to win and do whatever it takes to get it done.  

The players simply don't give the effort and it is plain to see on many plays when far too many players are simply watching as the play goes by.  Further, as depressing as it sounds, I don't think this can be magically instilled in most of the current players.  It will take a determined recruiting effort to seek out those players that have the drive and desire.  You may want to look past the 'star' ratings and find a new 'heart' rating.  Until we have a team that 'refuses to lose' and wants to finish business, we will continue to have apathetic play and upset fans until we have neither.

• Plus1 4