Matt Campbell from Iowa State

12 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Campbell reminds me too much of Riley -- doing well at a school with limited resources, and the whole "just imagine what he could do with our resources!" spiel.

Thanks but no thanks.

The difference is he has won everywhere he has been. If you can get Iowa State to third in the Big 12, you can get Nebraska to win the last and play for a CCG. He does not have a lot of games under his belt, but he has more experience than Frost. I would trust him to lead us to play better football than Pelini or Riley and hopefully get us a Conference championship in a few years. He is a coach on the rise, but he is plan B behind Frost.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Campbell reminds me too much of Riley -- doing well at a school with limited resources, and the whole "just imagine what he could do with our resources!" spiel.

Thanks but no thanks.

Difference is that we hired Riley coming-off a 5-7 season. He'd had some success at Oregon State but they peaked under Erickson and only one of Riley's last five teams was a winner. He was an old coach that was already showing substantial signs of falling-off. Campbell is a young up-and-comer that's winning at ISU now in only his second season there. He won at Toledo too, I was surprised he even took the ISU job. 

I'd like to get Frost but if he isn't coming then Campbell is damn well worth a look, maybe we could get boosters to take a chunk of that buyout hit.