2018 Schedule

Nebhawk

6 hours ago, moveitforward said:

I read a number of our fans resort to the “we have more talent then the rest of the division” comment. Easy to say, impossible to support. Frankly, I don’t buy it when we win only 4 games. I look for 3 to 5 years for a turnaround - one recruit, one practice, one game, one year at a time. Unrealistic expectations will get us nowhere.

Actually, it's fairly easy to support.  You just don't want to believe it so you dismiss it without any evidence to the contrary.

• Plus1 2

57 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

The three toughest games are all on the road.  Getting one of those as a win would be good step in right direction.  

That also means more of the winnable games are at home. I don't like going to Ann Arbor to start the conference season, but otherwise it's a very manageable schedule. 

8 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Like I said previously, can't use this season as any indication on what next season will be like.  This season will go down as one of the most unassuming seasons in our football history.  MAybe the last 3 years all total will have that tag.  This was a bad hire and a bad fit from the start and it never actually left the ground once in 3 years.  Wasted time.  This early start of the season was a microcosm of that.  

I think we can look at recruiting numbers some and gage that our talent level is not rock bottom.  I think we can salvage enough from this current roster to win games next season.  This team from game 1 this season looked liked a group that was seeking some kind of direction. I think that when Eich was fired, that direction was found.  WERE getting a new coach!  SCREW this bunch.  Well thats how the fans read into it and thats actually what Bounds and Green were saying when they fired EIch.   So in all reality don't look at this last season for any kind of answers going forward.  

Exactly. Tempering expectations is good and we should do so just to keep the pressure off of the next staff, but realistically the right staff can turn us right back around in the first year or two I have no doubt. The 2007 and 2008 Huskers seemed worlds apart. 2007 and 2009 is an even bigger gap. Callahans talent+Pelini coaching gave us the best Husker teams we've had in some time. I don't think we are quite as talented as we were then, on D especially, but I do think Scott Frost is a better coach. I think in 2 years this season will just feel like a bad dream as we are rolling to the first 11 win season in 20 years.

• Plus1 1

On 11/26/2017 at 10:52 AM, Excel said:
That's a brutal conference schedule.

Akron - Win

Colorado - Win

Troy - Toss Up

@Michigan - Loss

Purdue - Win

@Wisconsin - Loss

@Northwestern - Toss Up

Minnesota - Win

@Ohio State - Loss

Illinois - Win

Michigan State - Toss Up

@Iowa - Toss Up

Anywhere from 4-8 to 8-4.

Amen.  Troy received #29 in Coaches polll ...... where's Nebraska ???  :facepalm:  :angry:

And Akron Zips ..... used to be a MAC doormat year after year but not any more; 1st place in east standings.

Edited by Hooked on Huskers