Get a Santa hat for your avatar - 2017 edition

6 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Okay, so what am I doing wrong? I’m copying the url of the pic but when I paste it to replace my current profile pic it tells me that it has to be under a certain (.09...mb) size. Apparently the file size is larger than HB will allow....? Any ideas?

Try this code. Direct link, hosted, so it shouldn't matter what size the picture is.

https://i.imgur.com/YL3Fhdi.png

This shouldn't be it, but go to your profile pic in the upper right-hand corner of any screen and click the drop-down next to your name, then select My Attachments.  Clean out any extraneous pictures in there, and that should open up room.

I don't know why that would be the problem since the picture is hosted remotely, but it sounds like the kind of warning you're getting.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This shouldn't be it, but go to your profile pic in the upper right-hand corner of any screen and click the drop-down next to your name, then select My Attachments.  Clean out any extraneous pictures in there, and that should open up room.

I don't know why that would be the problem since the picture is hosted remotely, but it sounds like the kind of warning you're getting.

Yeah it is acting like I’m trying to upload too much but I am using the url link option. And my attachments only are using 4.47mb of 9.77 allotment.... Not sure what the problem is.

10 minutes ago, zoogs said:

This happened for mine, too. I saved the image, uploaded it again via https://postimages.org and used the resize setting until it got small enough to upload via link. I guess the limit is around 100kb. For me the 300px size option was sufficient.

That's weird. The picture size on both of yours seems fine. The hats I used for each of yours I used in other ones as well, and they worked fine.  I saved them all using the same method, and they should all be fine. 

I did go out to the web and find different pictures for each of yours, because the sizes of your avatars wasn't conducive to a good end product, but I did that for other people as well and I see theirs working. 

Hard to say.  I guess if there are any other problems I'll tinker with the pictures until they work.  It's not hard and I don't mind.

• Plus1 1