Frost's Offense? For the Layman...

It's only prolific because they play nobody.  Sorry but I'll stick with my theory that Big Ten D coordinators will shut it down.

Ohio State shut Oregon down each time they played them. Stanford also had their number.  Ball control, time of possesion and controlling the line of scrimage wins games.  It also shuts that Frost offense down.

Sorry I've watched numerous UCF games. Its fun they score points, but lets face it. They're playing Temple, UConn, Navy......

I watched the entire UCF Vs USF game.  USF QB best player on the field. He hung like 600 yards of offense on Frost and UCF.  Several 4 and 1 calls and UCF throws a pass or shuttle pass for no conversion.   Sorry that type of play calling  drives me nuts.  Its my opinion as well that it won't fly in the Big Ten.

Oh and his D coordinator is very Oregon like.  Meaning no defense!!!  Just hope your offense scores more points.

I like Frost and think he's a winner, but I've never been sold on the Oregon model and I've watched most Oregon games the last 20 years.

I'd take Washington Huskies Offense and coach any day over Frost and his scheme.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, NWHuskerfan said:

It's only prolific because they play nobody.  Sorry but I'll stick with my theory that Big Ten D coordinators will shut it down.

Ohio State shut Oregon down each time they played them. Stanford also had their number.  Ball control, time of possesion and controlling the line of scrimage wins games.  It also shuts that Frost offense down.

Sorry I've watched numerous UCF games. Its fun they score points, but lets face it. They're playing Temple, UConn, Navy......

I watched the entire UCF Vs USF game.  USF QB best player on the field. He hung like 600 yards of offense on Frost and UCF.  Several 4 and 1 calls and UCF throws a pass or shuttle pass for no conversion.   Sorry that type of play calling  drives me nuts.  Its my opinion as well that it won't fly in the Big Ten.

Oh and his D coordinator is very Oregon like.  Meaning no defense!!!  Just hope your offense scores more points.

I like Frost and think he's a winner, but I've never been sold on the Oregon model and I've watched most Oregon games the last 20 years.

I'd take Washington Huskies Offense and coach any day over Frost and his scheme.

You mean the guy our AD said is happy where he is at?  Lmao yeah why don’t you add Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, and Urban Meyer to your list.

• Plus1 1

But yeah, as far as offense goes, there have been a lot of great posts in this thread. Not a whole lot to add.

But it really does look so much like the "basketball on grass" offense of Chip Kelly. It's really entertaining to watch and if it's what he runs, I'll be looking forward to it.

4 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

How about Terry Wilson? Frost did recruit him out of high school and he is currently a JUCO prospect. 

Pretty certain Frost has mentioned he wants to get his offense to emphasize power run blocking with the spread offense.

He's definitely a possibility.  My guess it would be between Wilson and Locksley from IWCC for a JUCO QB recruit.

Wilson went to Juco because after redshirting a year at Oregon he dropped to like 3rd or 4th string at Oregon on the depth chart. 

And for the poster who implied I wanted Peterson you failed to see my point.  I'm not delusional enough to think Peterson, Saban, Dabo etc etc would come to Nebraska.

Nebraska is feared by nobody.  The program is in dire need of repair.  The repair must start with the offensive and defensive lines.

I'll  say it again I'm excited about Frost and I believe he is smart enough to adapt to Big ten play.  No I don't think his Oregon south offense will work in the Big Ten.

I'll also say he makes some very questionsble play calls in short yardage and in the red zone.  Some of his calls drove the Oregon fan base nuts when he was with the Ducks.

But he is a Chip Kelly mentor.  They live or die by misdirection and speed.  I myself prefer a Wisconsin meat grinder type of approach.

• Plus1 1

I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks there's a good chance Frost's offense at Nebraska would/will look different than his Oregon and UCF incarnations. 

He's no dummy. He's also not a one trick pony. This guy has studied offense and defense under a who's who of the greatest minds in football history. I trust him to know what will and won't work at our school and in our conference.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, NWHuskerfan said:

What I have always wondered about a team that somewhat stands alone in offensive theory in a conference (see: Texas Tech before B12 went spread happy, Oregon in the Pac 10 etc...) is what it means that does to a defense preparing for the oppsosite of what your offensive 1' s excel at?  Does the scout team week in and week out give the defense 1's enough fight to really prepare them for a power run/pro style offense come game time?  Can your scout team truly emulate a Wisconsin/Michigan/tOSU if your first team offense is running an entirely different scheme?  Is this why WSU has issues currently in the Pac 12?  Just curious...