Moos Cautions Players to Be Patient

Mavric

49 minutes ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

To be honest, I wish Moos would've made the decision to retain Keith Williams, because the WRs were legitimately our best overall unit these past few seasons. Perhaps whoever our next coach is will bring him back on board, but who knows. 

He hasn't been fired has he?

Edited by BigRedBuster

The players should take a bigger picture view of things starting with on field results. Consider how many records in futility the team managed to break dating back to the 50's. How much of the results were on the coaching? These players only know their HS coach and the coaches that were just fired who are presumably better then their HS coach. Their knee jerk reaction might be that they lost the best position coach ever but they don't really have much to compare to. If they transfer early they might lose the opportunity to learn from a better coach. Moos advise to be patient makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

How do we know anyone is or isn't being retained yet? It would help out if the new HC retained the Williams crew, but if he didn't we would be ok. 

It's my understanding that they all cleaned out their offices beside Bray.  That doesn't mean they can't be brought back by the next coach but as of right now I'm pretty sure they are all not employed at Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

How do we know anyone is or isn't being retained yet? It would help out if the new HC retained the Williams crew, but if he didn't we would be ok. 

McKewon wrote about this today. Trent Bray is currently the only official staff member who is being retained as interim head coach. But, in my opinion, that's for organizational and recruiting purposes. There's a good chance we'll have to wait until the next head coach is hired to find out.

I'm not sure what the current recruiting strategy is, either. I assume some of the assistants are still working on that but they're also all looking for new jobs just in case.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

It's my understanding that they all cleaned out their offices beside Bray.  That doesn't mean they can't be brought back by the next coach but as of right now I'm pretty sure they are all not employed at Nebraska.

Pretty sure that was a contractual thing that they were tied to Rileys contract. Either way I trust the people in charge to put together a good staff

21 minutes ago, Enhance said:

McKewon wrote about this today. Trent Bray is currently the only official staff member who is being retained as interim head coach. But, in my opinion, that's for organizational and recruiting purposes. There's a good chance we'll have to wait until the next head coach is hired to find out.

I'm not sure what the current recruiting strategy is, either. I assume some of the assistants are still working on that but they're also all looking for new jobs just in case.

I think Bray is the only one sticking around to handle questions from recruits coming his way.  Kenny Wilhite is also around and has been contacting recruits and high school coaches the past couple of days.