Moos Cautions Players to Be Patient

Mavric

This is one of the reasons I hate coaching changes. 

That said, I fully understand these players feeling like they need to do what is best for them. Two things though:

a) if they don’t want their coaches fired, then play better, be better leaders on the team and hold people accountable when they aren’t doing what it takes to be successful. 

B)  if a player is upset their coach is fired because they only won four games, they are going to be miserable in the NFL. 

• Plus1 1

Players transfer every year.  Just the way it goes.  When we get a coach he can start working on these guys.  I am sure he will keep a coach or two.  If he was smart he would keep some of the recruiting guys and maybe have MR be a player development guy.  I am not sure what the cancer level in the locker room is at this point.  We know it was high with the last change.  I wish a bunch of those guys would have transferred.

The players need to wait and see who their next coach is. If they don't think they will fit in the way they think they should, then look around at other schools, or the NFL.

I don't see how any of them can be happy the way this season went, and expect it to be any better going forward, with the staff that was just let go.

Some of this sounds like me,me,me. I can understand that some what, but this is a team sport and this bunch didn't play like it once they fell behind.

I hope they all stay because they deserve a chance to show what they can really do with a good head coach, and a good staff behind him. 

GBR!!!

Change is scary.  Even more so with the unknown of your new coach.  The team was fragile to begin with and evermore so now that Riley has been fired along with the staff.  Once a new coach is named, things will settle down.  I think Frost (if it's him) has a pretty good record of getting guys to the next level.

If Dub cares for the kids as much as it appears, I can imagine him telling the kids to just relax and take a breath.  IIRC, the staff was let go so a new coach could hire who he chooses.  Doesn't mean some of the guys don't get a look.  

Now if this is another time when old coaches are calling the kids and telling them to leave, go pro etc to undermine the new staff thats's BS....

Bottom line, if you don't want to be here then leave.  That's the realty of it.  I'd rather have kids who are 100% in and committed to turning this ship around than guys who don't want to be here.  That goes for current roster, recruits and future guys. Nothing personal.  

For those who transfer out, I (as most fans) wish you the best of luck.  For the young guys (fresh and RSFr) you might want to stick around if it's Frost. you are all to young to remember (probably were not born) but he was a pretty special person.  Dude is a winner.  You might just find your self as a plank owner of the turnaround....... 

Kids think about the here and now, not the big picture.  Chris Jones should have redshirted and waited until next year.  He obviously wasn't ready.  It hurt his stock.  Sunday Stan should wait another year.  It will gain him money and a chance.  I am sure he will not.  Kids are kids, worried about today and not tomorrow.  They do need to see who is hired and who he brings in as his assistants and staff.  Things could be better or worse for some of these guys.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Watch the OSU, Michigan rivalry video dome by HBO. When Schembeckler took over a soft team, he worked them hard, and 50% of the team left. He also beat OSU in his first year. Get rid of the slackers. We do not need them regardless of athletic ability.

I'm not sure if the guy who just broke the all time record for receiving yards in a season should be identified as a 'slacker' but hey, you do you.

8 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I'm not sure if the guy who just broke the all time record for receiving yards in a season should be identified as a 'slacker' but hey, you do you.

I didn't call anyone a slacker. It has been proposed that this team is soft. If a tough work load is demanded, then I expect several players to leave. Not 50% as in Schembeckler's case, but I can imagine losing 10%-20% if MR really did run practices and workouts as easy as reported.

3 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I didn't call anyone a slacker. It has been proposed that this team is soft. If a tough work load is demanded, then I expect several players to leave. Not 50% as in Schembeckler's case, but I can imagine losing 10%-20% if MR really did run practices and workouts as easy as reported.

Where are these reports Riley ran a soft practice other than Bankers "bloodbath comments?

I think it's smart for each player to weigh all their options. Regardless, I'd personally wait to see who the coach is and we'll all know the answer within the next 7-10 days. Then, if I'm a younger guy, I try to determine if I believe that coach can put me in a position to succeed.