Moos Cautions Players to Be Patient

Mavric

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

Probably at least two of the three. 

Lee has kind of hinted that he will be gone. I am more concerned of losing Gebbia or POB. That'll be an interesting QB battle.

Even if all 3 stay, Lee will probably not be the starter because I can 100% guarantee you the new staff will not be afraid to make moves like the Riley administration was.

Lets be honest here. All these players wanting to transfer dont understand the big picture. There was a damn country club going on down there. Stanley Morgan.....please. Some good catches here and there, but not one of these players are bigger than the program. Period. There will be attrition. Fine. But I tell you this, own the state of Nebraska from a recruiting standpoint. Keep all the best athletes in state. Start from there and build it! We will forget about these transfers. All we are seeing here is a bunker mentality. Piling on. Let em leave. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Crusader Husker said:

Players transfer every year.  Just the way it goes.  When we get a coach he can start working on these guys.  I am sure he will keep a coach or two.  If he was smart he would keep some of the recruiting guys and maybe have MR be a player development guy.  I am not sure what the cancer level in the locker room is at this point.  We know it was high with the last change.  I wish a bunch of those guys would have transferred.

I dont think there is much static left behind. A lot of these kids didnt buy in to Riley’s system, they got tired of being curb stomped. I am sure many welcome change.

Just now, mwj98 said:

Lets be honest here. All these players wanting to transfer dont understand the big picture. There was a damn country club going on down there. Stanley Morgan.....please. Some good catches here and there, but not one of these players are bigger than the program. Period. There will be attrition. Fine. But I tell you this, own the state of Nebraska from a recruiting standpoint. Keep all the best athletes in state. Start from there and build it! We will forget about these transfers. All we are seeing here is a bunker mentality. Piling on. Let em leave. 

I'm betting you're a RTDB guy, aren't you? 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, GBRHouston said:

Lee has kind of hinted that he will be gone. I am more concerned of losing Gebbia or POB. That'll be an interesting QB battle.

Even if all 3 stay, Lee will probably not be the starter because I can 100% guarantee you the new staff will not be afraid to make moves like the Riley administration was.

I'm mostly concerned about Lee and Gebbia. Make no mistake, the QB room is better with Lee than without, and Gebbia could choose to head to a California JuCo for a year. 

2 minutes ago, GBRHouston said:

I think Lee goes, as the next coach wouldnt tolerate the pics.

I love the "if players(that I don't know, I haven't known and will never know) don't do what I think is best for them, then THEY don't see the big picture, can't deal with change and are general slackers that will never succeed" hypocritical point of view. Change can be dealt with in an infinite number of ways, one is welcome to disagree with choices made, but credibility could suffer. If you still have the same job that you started with out of college, your criticism is consistent, if you've changed jobs once in your life, STFU. 

12 minutes ago, GBRHouston said:

That pretty much only includes Tommy's YOLObombs and Ryker's "let's hope someone in a red jersey catches this"bombs.

Not quite sure what you are getting at but one poster averaged all of the stats QBs had under MR at Oregon State and it was practically a carbon copy of Lees stats including ints. So yea I mean those two were probably just playing within the offense as well. 

In specific regards to Morgan he's probably looking at through the prism of the following.  I just came off a record setting season, my HC and position coach are gone as of right now, I've seen who the favorite in the clubhouse is for the next HC and checked out his system.  Also, the QB who I've developed great rapport with isn't really a fit for this new system.  Lastly, I only have one year left eligibility-wise.  What if I stay and it just doesn't click for whatever reason.  I do agree with  @Enhance that you need to see who Nebraska brings in before making any decisions.  I mean heck, if Frost brought Troy Walters with him you're telling me you don't want to learn under that guy?  Dude won the Biletnikoff award and had a legit NFL career.  

9 hours ago, Landlord said:

Please, tell us more about what a young man that you don't know should do and what the right and wrong decisions for him are. 

Stanley tweeted something very reasonable. He loves this program, understands Nebraska is bigger than the coaching staff that brought him here, but also has reservations and concerns about what the changes will do to him, and frustration that the coach he spends the most time with who has turned him into the player he is will likely no longer be there. Grow up and realize that none if this is immature to think or process through.

Why should somebody stick something out if they have other things in front of them that they're pretty sure are better options? What exactly is the point in doing it? I hope they heed Moos' advice and are as patient as they can be with their decision-making, but only because I want the best for all of them which means having good info and a complete picture to act on. I would hate for any of them to make a hasty decision either way that could turn out to hurt them.

These players need to, and should, make the best decisions for themselves. They don't owe this school/program/team/state any undying loyalty or absolute commitment or anything like that. A lot of them will stay, and we'll be thankful that they do because we have a bias and a vested interest. Some of them will leave, and we should wish them nothing but success and support them in their decisions.

The above is a fair statement in regards to the players decisions for their future.

I am in hopes that within each of them, their patience is somehow tied to the desire and determination to obtain potential greatness. As atheletes, I can not imagine those who have a competitive edge to them, are happy with status quo, and while they truely have a connection to the coaches they report too, I hope they are not so tied to the entity, that they do not care how they have performed as a team.

Husker Nation has been in a long hiatus, so that once common Championship seeking mentality that used to be part of our culture, has not been prevalent or even imaginable to these young men. No matter what direction they choose to go, we should wish them well in their quest, even if their choice is at odds with some of our fans perspectives.

Edited by TAKODA