Moos Cautions Players to Be Patient

Mavric

Regarding the current roster staying or going, here are a couple of my thoughts.

1)  If Stanley is looking to go to the NFL, that's a smart option for him.  I will never hold it against guys trying to make it in the NFL.

2)  I am sure there will be other transfers to go.  I think that's not a bad thing, as it helps the new staff turn over the roster with guys that they want.

3)  I have more respect for Lamar Jackson than I did before.  He spoke to the press pretty well this weekend, and he could be a leader going forward.  I have heard radio guys saying that Diaco's defense didn't have Lamar playing to his strengths.  I also think Lamar could be effective if he were flipped to offense.

4)  If WR's are worried about getting enough passes thrown to them, and it's Frost that is hired, they will need to look at the offense that UCF runs.  it's an uptempo offense that looks really fun to play in, and spreads the ball around to the RB's and WR's.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Regarding the current roster staying or going, here are a couple of my thoughts.

1)  If Stanley is looking to go to the NFL, that's a smart option for him.  I will never hold it against guys trying to make it in the NFL.

2)  I am sure there will be other transfers to go.  I think that's not a bad thing, as it helps the new staff turn over the roster with guys that they want.

3)  I have more respect for Lamar Jackson than I did before.  He spoke to the press pretty well this weekend, and he could be a leader going forward.  I have heard radio guys saying that Diaco's defense didn't have Lamar playing to his strengths.  I also think Lamar could be effective if he were flipped to offense.

4)  If WR's are worried about getting enough passes thrown to them, and it's Frost that is hired, they will need to look at the offense that UCF runs.  it's an uptempo offense that looks really fun to play in, and spreads the ball around to the RB's and WR's.

Lamar needs to be a safety, or a WR, if he's here, though. He's already deleted a tweet about checking his options this morning. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

Lamar needs to be a safety, or a WR, if he's here, though. He's already deleted a tweet about checking his options this morning. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes elsewhere.  He has a redshirt available to use as a transfer year.

I was just commenting that he impressed me by speaking with the press, and I had been extremely hard on his play during this past season.

Why don't we not worry about what and how 18-22 year old guys feel?  I am sure that 90% of them are hurting right now.  The year sucked,  the fan base was livid towards the coaches and players (comments about effort and skill level), now the guy whom they love and recruited them is gone.  The last 3 months has been miserable.  If you try to tell me that YOU would not have emotions and wouldn't at least think about leaving, you are completely out of touch with reality.  It today's world, we all seem to turn to social media, especially 18-22 year olds.  Let them "grieve", support rather than bash.  Bashing a kid for grieving is about as classless as they come.  

Time and time again, people are proving that not only has the program dropped off, so have the so-called "greatest fans in college football".  The fan base is living on past glory, just like they are "saying" the Blackshirts are.  

Apparently some haven't faced a change at work or job description.

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, zoogs said:

These players are committed to themselves, as they should be. They have a lot of doubts about their future at Nebraska right now. For some, those doubts will be answered. For others, they will not. Fans plainly don't especially give a damn about what happens to these players or what's good for them. If it's not also good for UNL football, forget it.

But these are real human beings here, and sometimes their larger picture isn't ours. 

Darn right winning sports game for the fans is secondary to developing their abilities and trying to best position themselves for a career in football. It's weird that we think that's a bad thing.

What I find weird is to think the team is a secondary concern, behind the individual, in a team sport. But that pretty much sums up where Nebraska football has been since Callahan was hired. And it explains our team results for the same time span. 

A good coach knows how to make team success and player success synonymous. If all you want cfb to be is a feeder prep system for the NFL, then I guess secondary makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

He can't stay at corner.  And with his tackling, not sure he can play safety.  He's a good athlete though - maybe WR.

It's funny because Severe always comments on when Joe Ganz used to co-host TBL with Severe.  Ganz would always comment on how Lamar looks like a WR in all of his film, and Ganz couldn't believe Lamar was being recruited as a CB.  I think the new coach would look at the roster and say "we need a bigger body WR, and Lamar is struggling at CB, let's move him over to that side".  It would be the opposite of Stanley Jean-Baptiste.

48 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

What I find weird is to think the team is a secondary concern, behind the individual, in a team sport. But that pretty much sums up where Nebraska football has been since Callahan was hired. And it explains our team results for the same time span. 

A good coach knows how to make team success and player success synonymous. If all you want cfb to be is a feeder prep system for the NFL, then I guess secondary makes sense. 

Zoogs comment seemed off.  A major emphasis in a team sport should be trying to achieve something as a team. The concept appears to be missing lately.

Morgan should get his degree before trying for NFL. He might find it useful sooner then he expects.

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

Zoogs comment seemed off.  A major emphasis in a team sport should be trying to achieve something as a team. The concept appears to be missing lately.

Morgan should get his degree before trying for NFL. He might find it useful sooner then he expects.

Yes and no.  I don't fault players for doing what's best for them.  Sometimes, that is going pro early or leaving for another school.  While I would like as many NU players stay as possible, if they aren't committed to the team and moving forward, then let them go.  Those aren't the players you want to stick around anyway.

Regarding Morgan, I know it's popular to say "he should stick around to get his degree", but if he's given a grade by the NFL draft scouts that says he would be drafted in the top 3-4 rounds, he should leave.  Football players have a finite time in their peak earning period.  If Morgan can catch on with a NFL team after this year, he would be smart to go pro.

20 minutes ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

To be honest, I wish Moos would've made the decision to retain Keith Williams, because the WRs were legitimately our best overall unit these past few seasons. Perhaps whoever our next coach is will bring him back on board, but who knows. 

As much as I like KW, that wouldn't be fair to the next coach to force an assistant on. I would think that Moos is smart enough to tell coach Dub to hang tight and he will put in a good word to the next HC. Very good chance he could be back in Lincoln 

• Plus1 1