Matt Davison Now Associate AD for Football

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I can only imagine what Davison said during commercial breaks this past season, because he sure didn't hide much disgust during the broadcast of the games.

What happens between commercial breaks is a well guarded broadcasters secret.......

On another note any chance we can get Mark banker to be color next season? Then we can have another bankerisms thread but minus the crap defense.

Edited by husker98
  • Plus1 1

I can only imagine what Davison said during commercial breaks this past season, because he sure didn't hide much disgust during the broadcast of the games.

Les Miles was pretty similar. Audible groans of disgust at our run game

• Plus1 1

Probably not Pellini level tirades but still entertaining. 

Will Matt become more famous for making the catch or pestering Frost enough to return to DONU?

2 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/with-scott-frost-as-coach-matt-davison-says-nebraska-will/article_df3a3b66-11b7-11e8-b0a6-2b01d6214f0c.html

Pretty good read.  Not a ton of info that hasn't already been talked about or alluded to, but still interesting.

Frost’s staff is placing an emphasis on character on the recruiting trail, Davison said. If they like a kid’s film, but not the kid, they won’t offer. They don’t just watch the highlight film, they watch entire games of recruits. They want guys who compete every play, Davison said.

“We need guys that are willing to be unpopular with their teammates and hold them accountable. And we’re starting to see that a little bit,” said Davison, who hails from Tecumseh. “And not shockingly, it’s Nebraska kids on the roster that are really emerging as leaders.”

Frost turned around UCF in two years. From 0-12 in 2015 to 12-0 in 2017. The turnaround at Nebraska won’t be that quick, Davison said.

The competition in the Big Ten is different from the competition in the American Athletic Conference. The situation is different from the previous turnaround.

But Davison is confident Nebraska will put a product on the field fans can be proud of.

“Even though it’s just a game, and I’m the first one to say winning football games is nowhere near at the top of my priority list,” Davison said. “But dang it, let’s win if we’re going to play.”

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/with-scott-frost-as-coach-matt-davison-says-nebraska-will/article_df3a3b66-11b7-11e8-b0a6-2b01d6214f0c.html

Pretty good read.  Not a ton of info that hasn't already been talked about or alluded to, but still interesting.

I like it. Sounds like the coaches are going to set the accountability dial to 10 and put the gas pedal to the floor. Some players are going to get ran over. Those who aren't are really going to enjoy their time at DONU.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...