Beyond the pale?

dvdcrr

It has been suggested and I will pose for discussion this:

Would or would it not be appropriate for someone from the University, and short of that just any Nebraska citizen, to ask Mike Riley to repay about 3 million to the University?

As in " Hey Mike, you know since you are a caring, understanding guy with lots of love for this state and all, and since you really have not done your job for a year or so, how about leaving some money back for the honest hard working people of this state?  With that kind of lucrative money, isn't there some sort of expectation of performance, and was that expectation met?  

I mean we have kids who can't afford tuition, single parent homes, and this dough could really make a difference.  That is a LOT of money.  You could fund an entire academic department at the U or any of the State colleges for that and let kids in FREE.  This is not play money.

Now I know he doesn't owe us anything contractually.  But given what that money could mean for our state and our people, shouldn't somebody at least ask?

• Plus1 1

Man you are so bitter about this. Get over it man, we have money set aside specifically to pay fired coaches. Mike tried his best, I don't want to hear that he just came for the payday and didn't try. That's not what happened. He will get paid however much the contract states and that is fair. That is how contracts work. 

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

It has been suggested and I will pose for discussion this:

Would or would it not be appropriate for someone from the University, and short of that just any Nebraska citizen, to ask Mike Riley to repay about 3 million to the University?

As in " Hey Mike, you know since you are a caring, understanding guy with lots of love for this state and all, and since you really have not done your job for a year or so, how about leaving some money back for the honest hard working people of this state?  With that kind of lucrative money, isn't there some sort of expectation of performance, and was that expectation met?  

I mean we have kids who can't afford tuition, single parent homes, and this dough could really make a difference.  That is a LOT of money.  You could fund an entire academic department at the U or any of the State colleges for that and let kids in FREE.  This is not play money.

Now I know he doesn't owe us anything contractually.  But given what that money could mean for our state and our people, shouldn't somebody at least ask?

This is not only not how contracts work, asking or even suggesting that this happens would be a bad faith act on Nebraska's part and would be an even bigger red flag to future coaches than to fire coaches who won nine games the year they were fired - twice. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, dvdcrr said:

What did he do for the people of this state that was actually worth upwards of 3 million dollars.  Can someone tell me? 

This is going to sound like hyperbole and I promise you it's not.  Are you an adult person, or a young person that lives with their parents?

• Plus1 8
16 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

The only thing someone should ask is whether or not your level of psychosis requires an intervention :lol: 

• Plus1 5