Beyond the pale?

dvdcrr

7 minutes ago, LadyGlitterSparkles said:

Hey, dvdcrr, you know since you are a caring, understanding guy with lots of love for this state and all, how about you hand over some of YOUR money to this honest, hard working single parent?  I mean, I have kids that I have to send to before school care and your dough could really make a difference. Now, I know you don’t owe me anything contractually. But given what that money could mean for me and my children, I thought I should ask.

Sure, give me 3 mill for smiling and showin up, and I'll kick you back a little:D

• Plus1 2

15 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Terrible analogy. Lottery is completely by chance. Having faith in your work is completely different. Things are typically the darkest or the worst right before you make it. It weeds out the people who don't really believe. Not saying Mike was going to have success here, but the point is if you do want to succeed that is the attitude to have. The attitude must be mixed with action and emotion. There is more to success than just faith that you will succeed. But you cannot succeed without faith that you will and that is a fact. 

If you told me the odds of winning the lottery were 1 in 100M and I responded that I am confident that I will win the lottery, would you think I'm being honest with myself or crazy? To maintain an attitude that you will succeed also should take into consideration actual results and not just emotion and action. The equivalent to lottery odds, what objective measurements of his results could back up his attitude that he was going to turn things around? That's where I believe he wasn't being honest with himself.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

If we are being honest we know that Riley's contract was justified by the competitive market for alpha coaches. NOT nice old mentors and ambassadors.  THEY make about 65 thou a yr.  

AMIRIGHT

We actually decided to pinch pennies when hiring Riley. He is not getting paid in the alpha coach tier so maybe we are getting what we paid for 

Just now, 4skers89 said:

If you told me the odds of winning the lottery were 1 in 100M and I responded that I am confident that I will win the lottery, would you think I'm being honest with myself or crazy? To maintain an attitude that you will succeed also should take into consideration actual results and not just emotion and action. The equivalent to lottery odds, what objective measurements of his results could back up his attitude that he was going to turn things around? That's where I believe he wasn't being honest with himself.

Again, the lottery analogy does not fit whatsoever because that is pure chance. Riley was at work every day working with these kids and working to build a team. We only see a small sliver of what he sees. He is putting the work in and having faith that work will pay dividends. You're comparison is awful and you aren't listening to what I'm saying. A lot of times entrepreneurs go broke and bankrupt before they make any money. The results shouldn't dictate the vision. The vision should ultimately dictates the results. With as much work as he put in and how much more he saw the team than we did how can you say he is lying or doesn't actually believe what he is saying. If you want to work your ass off building a product you think will sell like hot cakes and you put all of your time and money into it and after a year it has gone nowhere what do you do? MR seems like the kind of guy to keep pushing until the world sees what he has because he believes in his product. 

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Again, the lottery analogy does not fit whatsoever because that is pure chance. Riley was at work every day working with these kids and working to build a team. We only see a small sliver of what he sees. He is putting the work in and having faith that work will pay dividends. You're comparison is awful and you aren't listening to what I'm saying. A lot of times entrepreneurs go broke and bankrupt before they make any money. The results shouldn't dictate the vision. The vision should ultimately dictates the results. With as much work as he put in and how much more he saw the team than we did how can you say he is lying or doesn't actually believe what he is saying. If you want to work your ass off building a product you think will sell like hot cakes and you put all of your time and money into it and after a year it has gone nowhere what do you do? MR seems like the kind of guy to keep pushing until the world sees what he has because he believes in his product. 

If so, I feel sorry for him.  I was flipping back to the UCF game and watching their O vs. ours was like the difference between a Ferrari and a Dodge van

Just now, dvdcrr said:

If so, I feel sorry for him.  I was flipping back to the UCF game and watching their O vs. ours was like the difference between a Ferrari and a Dodge van

I don't. That is a winning attitude that I am sure has served him well through life. He is set financially and made a career out of his dream job so I'd say he's done pretty well for himself. I bet you Scott Frost would have a similar attitude if he was in a similar situation