Beyond the pale?

dvdcrr

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Best part about this thread is going to be OP coming back over and over trying to unwreck this train.

Judging by the length of the OP there was some real hard thought put into this. Unwrecking this train is going to be ammmaaaazingly awesome. I smell gif bombs shortly.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is not only not how contracts work, asking or even suggesting that this happens would be a bad faith act on Nebraska's part and would be an even bigger red flag to future coaches than to fire coaches who won nine games the year they were fired - twice. 

So what I was getting at, ( it obviously has been taken too literally) is the principle or idea that you shouldn't take money for doing nothing, and the point it would make to him if he were asked to give back.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, FlipPhone said:

The guy worked his butt off.  I wouldn't call that doing nothing.  I didnt work out.  Enjoy retirement, coach, next coach up.  Moving on.

Right on point. People need to realize just because you don't get the desired results doesn't mean you didn't try to. 

It's not crazy to think Riley might voluntarily offer a refund for being one of the worst coaches in program history. Riley is no Gary Anderson though. Anderson was at least honest admitting he couldn't get the job done whereas Riley stated he thought he could turn our program around after running it into the ground.