Beyond the pale?

dvdcrr

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

No, it isn't.  Winning has never been the stated purpose of Nebraska.  That's what YOU expect, but it is not what Nebraska athletics is about.

The Nebraska Athletics Mission Statement

It seems like you're completely forgetting the words engraved into the four corners of Memorial Stadium, too: 

The last one may be the most famous, but the first one could have been written specifically about Mike Riley, and what he teaches. 

Yeah, winning is great.  But the lust for winning should not overpower someone so much that they embarrass themselves and the team they root for in this manner. 

This thread embodies everything Nebraska Athletics stands against.  It's shameful, greedy, and dishonorable. 

I am going to create like 20 sock accounts so i can "star" you more times.

10 hours ago, knapplc said:

No, it isn't.  Winning has never been the stated purpose of Nebraska.  That's what YOU expect, but it is not what Nebraska athletics is about.

The Nebraska Athletics Mission Statement

It seems like you're completely forgetting the words engraved into the four corners of Memorial Stadium, too: 

The last one may be the most famous, but the first one could have been written specifically about Mike Riley, and what he teaches. 

Yeah, winning is great.  But the lust for winning should not overpower someone so much that they embarrass themselves and the team they root for in this manner. 

This thread embodies everything Nebraska Athletics stands against.  It's shameful, greedy, and dishonorable. 

See the disconnect here that you are refusing to acknowledge, out of blind love I suppose, is that if you display COURAGE, LOYALTY, INTEGRITY, and EXCELLENCE, HARD WORK, LEADERSHIP then you WIN.  And when you don't then you go 0 for October and November.  We have a scoreboard.

Therefore his job was to WIN.

At Nebraska we work hard to WIN. How long are you going to float this program at 4-8?  Not very long and you know it. 

I don't want to say the worst in a guy, but in no way is his tenure to be considered a success. 

• Plus1 2
18 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

It has been suggested and I will pose for discussion this:

Would or would it not be appropriate for someone from the University, and short of that just any Nebraska citizen, to ask Mike Riley to repay about 3 million to the University?

As in " Hey Mike, you know since you are a caring, understanding guy with lots of love for this state and all, and since you really have not done your job for a year or so, how about leaving some money back for the honest hard working people of this state?  With that kind of lucrative money, isn't there some sort of expectation of performance, and was that expectation met?  

I mean we have kids who can't afford tuition, single parent homes, and this dough could really make a difference.  That is a LOT of money.  You could fund an entire academic department at the U or any of the State colleges for that and let kids in FREE.  This is not play money.

Now I know he doesn't owe us anything contractually.  But given what that money could mean for our state and our people, shouldn't somebody at least ask?

Take a lap. 

17 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

It's not crazy to think Riley might voluntarily offer a refund for being one of the worst coaches in program history. Riley is no Gary Anderson though. Anderson was at least honest admitting he couldn't get the job done whereas Riley stated he thought he could turn our program around after running it into the ground.

Join him. 

Edited by Cdog923
  • Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

If we’re getting money back from people we fired then Bo, his assistants, and SE should pay us back as well.

Oh and Callahan should pay us all the money he was paid.

I think we should bill every coach/assistant/support staff for money back from every year we didn't win a conference championship.  Could you imagine what good that money could do for UNL?

And while we're at it, we should ask the players for their free addidas gear back as well.  They don't deserve it.

I guess it was just a gamble and we lost.  

That was another thing.  I have been noticing that Nebraska for some reason keeps having start clear over with new AD, Coaches etc.  Scorched Earth.  My golly it would be nice if that stopped too.  I think we have the right trifecta in place to provide wisdom, and do believe we have a great coach coming in.