I REALLY HATE the Forward Pass!

ajt1970

There are some good points in his post.  I think back in the day, the stopped the play clock because they could only afford one game ball and it took so long to chase it down after those incomplete passes.   I do agree that there are too many clock stoppages.   I would say they should stop the clock (or not) for both the run play and the pass play.  Perhaps they should just change the game clock to 90 minutes and never stop it, except in case of time outs and quarter / half breaks and adopt a 15 second snap clock after every play is called 'dead'.   There are other rules that would be nice to add to the game.  I think field goal kicks should count more the longer they are such as 5 pts for over 50, 4 for over 40 and 3 for over 30 and 2 for over 20 and 1 for over 10.   I think the two point play ought to be three and that TDs ought to be worth more if scored from further away.   You could add a lot by requiring that the offense snap the ball and then have a handoff or pitch before it could be thrown forward beyond the line of scrimmage.  I have never liked the 'shot gun' snap and think the snap should have to be a handoff versus a toss of the ball.  I don't see any reason why they have rules on how many can line up on or off the line of scrimmage.  You ought to be able to huddle if you want during the snap.  

I think they ought to adopt the rule that if you score you kick off unless you are behind more than 21 points in which case you have the option of receiving a kick instead.

I think the game should end if the margin of score exceeds 45 points at any point in the second half.

They should do a better job of officiating and calling penalties - by adding more refs or something.   Far too many holdings, PIs, etc that are just called wrong or ignored. 

6 hours ago, Glendower said:

I hate blocking! Back in caveman times, people just ran after the antelope, and it's not like the antelope had blockers! The quarterback should have to run for his life because no gazelle could throw to keep himself from getting beat to death with a caveman rock! I also think kicking is dumb. 

You must've loved the Riley/Langsdorf offense.

• Plus1 2

12 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

A flag may have been thrown but that was a legal block

I remember visiting a Wisconsin board after the game, and even they were arguing over whether it was a clean hit or not (I say it was).

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:41 AM, Roll Skers said:

Just wait for when we are running Shotgun on 3rd and 1

We've already done that.

As far as the OP, I don't hate the forward pass, I just think we need to do less of it.  But honestly, as long as the team is playing well and winning, I don't care what offense they run.

Edited by Making Chimichangas