Scott Frost ETA (Poll)

BIG ERN

What month will Scott Frost arrive at Nebraska?   

188 members have voted

1. 1. What month will Scott Frost arrive at Nebraska?

• December
    • January
    • Never

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2017 at 01:09 AM

With a win Saturday does Frost stick around at UCF to play in a major January bowl as an undefeated team? I assume we would announce him as our HC, and maybe he can do both if he pleases. Mark Richt did this way back when he was at FSU and recruited for Georgia during bowl game prep. We hear how much Frost talks loyalty and wanting to do the right thing for his players. PJ Fleck stuck around at Western Michigan to do so, but Minnesota didn't fire their HC until January 3rd. Riley was obviously let go Nov 25th. I think adding an extra month of us waiting around might not happen, but was surprised to hear that many think he might if they win the conference championship this weekend. Tom Herman stuck it out with Ohio State before he left to Houston a few years back. Dan Mullen did the same with Florida before going to Miss St. McElwain helped Bama in the title game before leaving to Colorado St. There have been coaches who accepted the job, but helped in the bowl game before officially leaving to their new team. 

Your thoughts? 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

I thought the options were going to be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.

Honestly, I was shocked it wasn't today, yesterday and last week.

If it is Frost and he is undefeated I'm ok with him being announced and returning to UCF to lead them in their Bowl game, those players deserve nothing less.

Honestly, those few weeks won't make or break anything, NU is a steaming pile that will take years to fix, three weeks away won't make that much difference in the long term.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

Honestly, I was shocked it wasn't today, yesterday and last week.

If it is Frost and he is undefeated I'm ok with him being announced and returning to UCF to lead them in their Bowl game, those players deserve nothing less.

Honestly, those few weeks won't make or break anything, NU is a steaming pile that will take years to fix, three weeks away won't make that much difference in the long term.

Just as long as Scott starts recruiting - got a class wt early signing date looming.  We need to keep the recruits that fit Scott's program and bring on new ones that he has been in contact with already.