Avengers: Infinity War

18 minutes ago, QMany said:

That looks awesome! 

I’m really looking forward to Black panther. But I still need to see Dr. Strange. 

Dr. Strange is good, but it gets docked points for being too much like the first Iron Man movie. That, and Cumberbatch's American accent sounds almost exactly like Hugh Laurie's. 

Edited by Cdog923

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Hard pass.  Thanos looks terrible.  I think Marvel really dropped the ball here.  It's like they asked, "How can we take one of our most iconic villains and make him look stupid?  Well, let's ask DC how they do it."

I love Marvel movies, but it seems the villains are generally pretty forgettable. On the flip side, I can't stand DC superheroes, but the villains seem to be more entertaining at least to me. I've never read a comic book in my life, so does that hold true for the comics, too?

23 hours ago, LadyGlitterSparkles said:

I love Marvel movies, but it seems the villains are generally pretty forgettable. On the flip side, I can't stand DC superheroes, but the villains seem to be more entertaining at least to me. I've never read a comic book in my life, so does that hold true for the comics, too?

I honestly don't know because I'm not really a comic book person either.  I know just enough about the main Marvel and DC characters to have a general conversation, and that's about it.  I saw the trailer for Infinity War before The Last Jedi and wasn't impressed at all.  But heck, others are geeking out about it, so...:dunno

On 1/16/2018 at 10:05 PM, LadyGlitterSparkles said:

15 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I honestly don't know because I'm not really a comic book person either.  I know just enough about the main Marvel and DC characters to have a general conversation, and that's about it.  I saw the trailer for Infinity War before The Last Jedi and wasn't impressed at all.  But heck, others are geeking out about it, so...:dunno

Um, there are tons of forgettable villains in comics, but a lot of that can be contributed to the fact that they are used as disposable foil for heroes. It's harder, in a movie, to establish a solid villain, because it comes at the expense of the hero, who the movie (and usually a franchise) are build around: The Dark Knight being a perfect example. There are a few, though, that have resonated: The Joker, Doctor Doom, Lex Luthor, Norman Osborn, Kingpin, Red Skull, Magneto, etc. Batman and Spider-Man generally have the strongest Rogues Galleries. 

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...