Which recruits might now reconsider Nebraska?

My sense is that Riley and his staff did a nice job of generating interest from prospective recruits, but once the recruits saw how the team was playing, that interest faded.  In other words, they may have been attracted to Nebraska's facilities, traditions, fan base, etc... but did not see themselves growing enough under the Riley staff.  Now with Frost likely coming on board, are there any recruits who chose another school or ruled Nebraska out that might now reconsider?

A 5* recruit thanked Riley in growing terms after he was fired. Interest faded after Riley's job security evaporated. Uncertainty does that; on field results do not when players believe in the coach and the place, which they did. Frost, however, should be a very capable recruiter with a national profile coming in that is a dream scenario right now.

The situation will turn around quickly once Frost gets here.

1 hour ago, zoogs said:

A 5* recruit thanked Riley in growing terms after he was fired. Interest faded after Riley's job security evaporated. Uncertainty does that; on field results do not when players believe in the coach and the place, which they did. Frost, however, should be a very capable recruiter with a national profile coming in that is a dream scenario right now.

The situation will turn around quickly once Frost gets here.

See I think there is a near 50/50 split of recruits who commit to the school/program (regardless of the coach) vs those who are committed to the coaching staff.

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I would think there would maybe be some Florida kids that would have liked to play in frost system but wanted to go to P5 school and would look at Nebraska now and wouldn't consider UCF 

Yes I think we could see a few.  Florida has had several decommits over the past month.  One of them indicated he might attend UCF if Frost were there.  Now who knows if he would want to move halfway across the US to Lincoln.

The uncertainty surrounding UCF, FSU, and up until a few days ago, Florida, should leave quite a few Floridians up in the air when it comes to their recruitment.   This could be good for Nebraska.  Frost has a relationship with many of these guys and they may be more apt to listen and entertain a Nebraska scholarship compared to a UCF one. 

If I were Frost, I would go down into Kansas and try to pry away two QB's in Norton's 4-star signal caller in Jace Ruder, who is verbal committed to UNC,  and also grab back Terry Wilson from Garden City CC. Those two would be huge building blocks at QB going forward. 

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

The uncertainty surrounding UCF, FSU, and up until a few days ago, Florida, should leave quite a few Floridians up in the air when it comes to their recruitment.   This could be good for Nebraska.  Frost has a relationship with many of these guys and they may be more apt to listen and entertain a Nebraska scholarship compared to a UCF one. 

If I were Frost, I would go down into Kansas and try to pry away two QB's in Norton's 4-star signal caller in Jace Ruder, who is verbal committed to UNC,  and also grab back Terry Wilson from Garden City CC. Those two would be huge building blocks at QB going forward. 

I'd be all-in for Ruder; that kid would flourish in Frost's offense. I'm not sold on Wilson, particularly his arm. Dude sure can run, though. 

Frost also needs to stay in contact with Duggan, too. 

22 minutes ago, MoMo Husker said:

Any basis for this "Bold Prediction"?

Just guessing, but it's simply a bold prediction...I can honestly imagine some of them giving NU a second look.  Might depend if some of the old staff stays, who Frost brings in and what the new staff think of the previous commits.  

In all honesty, some of the kids who have de-comitted might not be guys Frost and Co would have even recruited.  Might not "fit" what they are looking for....Also a lot of hope on my part that we are in a position by Monday to have Frost and Co reach out to all of the recruits....

It is simply a bold prediction.

There are some dots that I've tried to connect. Bookie and Frost have been in the same part of the country for the past year and Bookie has an offer from UCF - so they know each other. Nate Clouse was on 1620 a couple weeks ago saying that a "big get" recruit who has offers from both NU and UCF was DM'ing with him asking if he thought Frost would be the next HC and that the recruit would be real excited if that happens. There are a few recruits that have offers from both schools but Bookie is the only "big get" IMO. Its all wishful thinking.

Edited by TheGainfulHusker

Bookie definitely seems to value coaching and style - two areas that may have been/may still be a concern. But he’s also someone who is trying to be on a 3 year plan to the NFL. Which I know basically every recruit wants that, but Bookie seems to be eyes on the prize focused for it. He keeps mentioning how vital this decision is from a business perspective.

Frost would give him a chance to play right away, no matter what the depth chart looked like. I think that’s priority #1 for Bookie but I do also agree that we would likely need to keep Donte to give us the best shot.