Talent Level On The Top 8 CFB Teams

BIG ERN

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Wisconsin is the exception not the rule. Hard to duplicate their success with their recruiting classes. 

I was just reading ESPN article about Wisconsin and how this years team is different- more speed. They talked about more speed on offense and defense but I found it bizarre how their evolution (if it continues) seemed oddly familiar.

4 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I was just reading ESPN article about Wisconsin and how this years team is different- more speed. They talked about more speed on offense and defense but I found it bizarre how their evolution (if it continues) seemed oddly familiar.

Along with the fact that they love to just punish you with a physical style of play......really eery. 

22 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I think Frost could get us to around Miami's level. 6-7 4 stars a class isn't out if the realm of possibility. Wisconsin is the exception not the rule. Hard to duplicate their success with their recruiting classes. 

16 is kind of the low-water mark for the Huskers - been trending down the last three years.

2016 - 19

2015 - 21

So I agree that mid-20s shouldn't be asking too much.  6 per class should be the low end.

7 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

81% of Alabama and 75% of Ohio State's scholarship rosters are at least 4*?

Damn...

Alabama and Ohio State are able to select, not necessarily recruit.  Plus, how many guys get bumps in their ratings after getting an offer from Alabama or Ohio State.

I am not saying the 2 schools aren't loaded with talent, because they are.  I just think that recruiting ranking, while they provide value, don't have flaws.

• Plus1 1

I would say for us to be successful and consistently win the West we need to be around 20-30.  Wisconsin doing it with 6 is just insanity.  Their coach and QB this year alone scream .500 to me, but for whatever reason that team has found the perfect rythym and chemistry.  Well that and a softer schedule, I don't expect them to make much noise IF they manage to beat tOSU.